Jbj 28 LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10gal_nano

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone, I'm working at my lfs and there is a really nice 28 gallon jbj nano-cube. I would like to know a few things:
- powerhead(s)?
- accessories like a skimmer etc?
- can I transfer the Lr and stock immediately when I fill it with water?
- would there be a cycle with my already cycled Lr?
- I would use new sand.
- would the livestock from my 10 be ok?
Thanks

Fish are friends not food!

Hello everyone, I'm working at my lfs and there is a really nice 28 gallon jbj nano-cube. I would like to know a few things:
- powerhead(s)?
- accessories like a skimmer etc?
- can I transfer the Lr and stock immediately when I fill it with water?
- would there be a cycle with my already cycled Lr?
- I would use new sand.
- would the livestock from my 10 be ok?
Thanks

Yes you'd need power heads, but a skimmer would be up to you. Yes you can transfer over your rocks and live stock but don't add any additional live stock for a couple months so the new rock can colonize with bb. Also keep a close eye on your params, and have plenty of water ready for wc's should the need arise. The live stock should be fine, but I would use dry rock for the new rocks so that you don't have any die off that could cause a spike.

Ok thanks. I know I would need powerheads but which ones? Also. Would it need to cycle with my liverock?

Ok thanks. So no more stock until params are good and stable. Thanks. Which powerhead?

Not quite, the params should stay stable but your rock won't have the bb in it to support additional livestock, so just stay with what's in the 10 for a couple months to let the new rock catch up. On the power head, honestly not sure what the return on the jbjs is pushing out but a wp10 would probably be perfect.

You could add livestock approximately a week later or so, assuming you don't have any spikes in nitrites or ammonia. Water changes will take care of the nitrates. The amount of BB will be enough to support the current tank population. Anytime you add something to the tank the bacteria will colonize more to support it. As long as you take the current rock you will be fine after about a week, assuming everything goes well. I think w couple months is a bit much.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom