JBJ 28g Nano Cube--need thoughts on power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Qube

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright, the new 28g nano cube from JBJ is enroute, I've read you need to add additional circulation with these. Any recommendations on an additional power head or two?

I would go with Koralia, many people like them. Not sure how big of one you need though. :)

Yeah, that's the way I was leaning. The nano's come in two sizes, so I'm thinking about two of the higher flow ones, 425 gph I believe.

I have a 425gph Koralia in my 29g cube and it seems adequate. :) Not sure if I would go up a size though, I've been thinking about going to the 550 myself LOL. But the 425 should be good to go.

Thanks Carey! So one 425 should do the trick?

I have to say, your Biocube build thread was extremely informative. I'm brand new to SW, so I pretty much read the whole thing, so thank you! That being said, the nano cube delivers today! Wish me luck!!

Sweet! i was so excited as I watched my cube travel via UPS across the country to me, I just couldnt wait to start!

I'm glad the thread was helpful. :) I asked ALOT of silly beginner questions and lots of other questions so I think I covered the gamut of things you need to know when setting one up. lol

I would go with the 425 and go from there. I've actually put in a 750 gph koralia on occasion and believe it or not the flow wasn't really too much and sand and fish stayed put.

I'm considering upgrading the return pump as well, maybe get another 100gph out of it. Are you going to upgrade to the media trays or keep the bioballs do you think?

Ordered the InTank media basket. Was thinking running chaeto. Actually got a good deal on eBay where it included the JBJ fuge light go $50!! Any thoughts on what the preferred setup would be? Lots of conflicting answers out there...

I use purigen, chemipure elite and blue filter floss pads in mine. I currently just have chaeto in the fuge no LR.

Back
Top Bottom