JBJ Nano Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I really want one of the new JBJ Nano Cubes. They are really cool. Does anyone have one of them? Also i was wondering if i get that can i take sand and water and rock out of my 65 and put it in that tank? Will it still have to cycle? Let me know Any feed back on theis would be great

The jbj's are pretty cool nanos, i was lookin at one myself. You can put the ls and lr in your nano it would basically be just like transferring part of your tank to it. It wouldnt even be a cycle really unless you have new lr and new sand. Its basically called seeding, if youre adding some ls from your 65 to new sand. Even if it did cycle it would be short because you already have the bacteria in your sand.

sorry for the late reply. I would put enough to make a 1 to 2 inch sandbed. DSB's are ok but i dont like them myself. Yes of course you need a heater, 75w would be ok for 10g ebo jager, won pro, and visitherm are all good. The digital readout is pimpy :)

12gal Nano

I started this JBJ Nano a couple of mos ago and they work fine. Not much lighting 24W 50/50, so you'll need to keep it simple. Nice to have everything all under one roof. Plenty of water changes. Good Luck

got bait. Do you have a heater in yours. I don't right now and it is at 79 degress. Should i get one. How do you like that manula it comes with. Pretty much a joke

Yes of course you need a heater, 75w would be ok for 10g ebo jager, won pro, and visitherm are all good.

You NEED a heater, doesnt matter what your ambient room temp or tank temp is now. It wont always be stable, you need a heater to keep it stable

BRNDFRB:
I don't have one, but I've only had the tank since August, temp stays pretty consistant in So. Cal. You don't have the same luxury in Indiana. I will be getting one here soon, Like biotoxin said, need to keep the temp stable. Especially in a small tank, where the temp can go up and down so quickly, in just a matter of minutes, not hours. That goes for all of the variables, the down faults of a Nano.
But they're still fun.

Back
Top Bottom