JBJ NANO cube add-on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tonynose188

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was wondering what are good add-ons for a 29g nano tank. Like a good protein skimmer,etc.

Tonynose188 said:
Was wondering what are good add-ons for a 29g nano tank. Like a good protein skimmer,etc.

This should get your wheels spinning.

inTank Aquatics

Just to add. I had a skimmer on my BC29 for 9 months and never had to empty it. I took it out and water parameters are spot on!! With weekly water changes of 5 gallons every Saturday I've been very successful.

Any questions I'll be happy to try and help.

You do 5 gallons every week, I was thinking about 3 gallons every 2 weeks. Do you think that should be ok?

Tonynose188 said:
You do 5 gallons every week, I was thinking about 3 gallons every 2 weeks. Do you think that should be ok?

Well IMHO I'd do weekly's. You could do 3 gallons every week or try 5 gallons every 2 weeks. The only way to know is to keep testing and see what your parameters are that will let you know how often a change is needed although I think weekly's are best and will help keep things happy and steady. There are those that get by with water changes every 2 weeks.

I'm not gonna you should do it BUT also not gonna say you can't.

What I will say... You know your tank and it's level, you know you feeding schedule and so on and so on. Your the one who will have first hand info on if you can get by every 2 weeks with no issues.

If its a FOWLR tank then you may be able to if it's not stock to the max.

Remember water changes take out all or most impurities and replenishes the elements, calcium etc...

The Con

Thanks convict for the advice, next question do you like the pre mixed salt water or do you make your own? And I have a couple more questions for you haha.

Tonynose188 said:
Thanks convict for the advice, next question do you like the pre mixed salt water or do you make your own? And I have a couple more questions for you haha.

Your welcome.

For me because I don't have a RO/DI unit (yet) and I have a friend who owns a little mom and pop fish store. He makes water daily for his "loyal" customers. He uses Instant Ocean Reef Crystals. I get my water from him every Friday. I've people using petco pre mixed or other pre mixes like natural sea water. Opinions will differ greatly on this subject. I think as long as you test it and aerate it prior to using you should be fine. Some only use pre mixed boxed water.

Back
Top Bottom