jgraz's SPS nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U got a pic of the whole tank!

As requested
img_1776470_0_3e9f67f4ad0c3d90459735cd0f469d56.jpg

img_1776470_1_5e98d5971d7948bfe215b9e7bf092441.jpg

Just wanted to give a little update. Things were going well for a bit, then some problems struck.
First: I decided to add a bag of PhosGuard. Boy was that a mistake. I guess it pulled too much, too quick and I lost a few acros to RTN. There one night gone the next. Pulled the bag and since that has been fine.
Second: I started to notice that a frag of ORA Jeremys Monti that was doing very well did not have any PE. Afew days go by and I wake up one morning and find that it was completly eaten away. Upon closer inspection I find that there was Monti Eating Nudi's on it. Well I tossed that and inthe process I also lost a small Frag of Superman Monti, and Grinch monti. All gone. I pulled all the montis not glued down and dipped for a few days in a row and upon inspection I only noticed one more nudi on a purple cap. I have not seen any in the past couple of weeks so hopefully that was taken care of. I also did not find any eggs. My J.F. Setosa which usually has good PE has not shown any for the last week or so, and my Superman Digi is in the same boat. Both are epoxyed to the rocks they get inspected 2-3 times a day and with the exception of no PE they seem healthy with great color.
Third: I just noticed this.....Algae?(see pics) Showing up only on one side of my tank and more or less near the bottom. Yesterday I also noticed that the sun was shining through my skylights right onto the area. It is smooth to the touch, not slimey, and does not come off the rock easily when brushed or blown off. Definatly not diatoms or Dino's. Though I have not yet ruled out Cyano. And it does not have any flow to if that makes sense. The flow in that area of the tank is good, as it should be, I have a MP-10 in a 20H, set to reef-crest. The pump maxes out almost all the way during its high point. Any help on the ID would be great. Someone in another forum mentioned the possbility of it being sponges.
My Parameters are: Ammonia/Nitrites/Nitrates=0
Phosphates=.04 Hanna checker- I expect this is masked by the algea
Calcium=440
Alkalinity=8(at lights out)
PH=8.2(at lights out)
Here are the pics
img_1848279_0_9ca826dc86f3232d7ee5dd6b18e628cc.jpg

img_1848279_1_f85d44c1f83816fcdaa3d194fa7a92a1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom