Jmifland's 20 High Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmifland

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just set up the 20 Gallon High aquarium. The water was a bit cloudy at first but has quickly cleared up. We added more water after the first picture and netted some of the bubbles off the top of the water. Still waiting on the light and power heads to come in but I can't track because some Turkish people hacked the ups website :(

The shrimp has been added for the cycle and the test kit will arrive soon to make sure the water conditions will be perfect for the upcoming residents!

Attachments

• image-324243669.jpg
    image-324243669.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1109184131.jpg
    image-1109184131.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 112
I just set up the 20 Gallon High aquarium. The water was a bit cloudy at first but has quickly cleared up. We added more water after the first picture and netted some of the bubbles off the top of the water. Still waiting on the light and power heads to come in but I can't track because some Turkish people hacked the ups website :(

The shrimp has been added for the cycle and the test kit will arrive soon to make sure the water conditions will be perfect for the upcoming residents!

Nice tank. It is always exciting when a new tank is set up!

Apparently we already have a resident. Some creature hitch hiked his way from the LFS to our aquarium. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I was too fascinated at watching him and he was hidden in a hole before I could get a picture. Almost looks like a centipede or one of those long legged starfish legs. He had a large portion of his body sticking out of the rock and was moving down a bit but ended up pulling it's entire body back in. I assume that is his home but I don't know If it's an anemone type plant thing or something else.

Almost like a a caterpillar with little tentacles all over his body.

After looking on google I presume that it is a rustle worm. Will this be eaten by our fish or will they leave it alone. It was about an inch or two long. If the tank is just now being cycled will he be able to survive?

http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSheets/bristleworm.htm

I also found this and he is a more gray color so I assume that there is more of him in the tank. Maybe he will feed on the raw shrimp and increase the speed of my cycle. One can only wish. I also hope that he is friendly and will leave any new residents alone.

The light came in last night! Here are a few pictures of the day lights. One with just the blue, just the white as well as both. I took a picture of the led night light but it doesn't come out well.

I also received the glass canopy lid from but it came shattered. I called up PetSolutions and they have already shipped out another one. GREAT customer service! I just need to pick up a night and day timer power supply and everything is good.

We also found another critter. It looks like it skips around and was feeding on the interesting looking shrimp. We scooped it out of the tank and it curls into a ball almost like a rollie pollie (not sure if you know what I mean). We played him back because it was really small and if anything it's food for the fish.

Also need a magnetic glass cleaner as you can see.

Attachments

• image-3713449574.jpg
    image-3713449574.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2991443814.jpg
    image-2991443814.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 100
  • image-4123557072.jpg
    image-4123557072.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 87
Tank is looking good. I had loads of hitchhikers with my live rock

After looking on google I presume that it is a rustle worm. Will this be eaten by our fish or will they leave it alone. It was about an inch or two long. If the tank is just now being cycled will he be able to survive?

Bristleworm

I also found this and he is a more gray color so I assume that there is more of him in the tank. Maybe he will feed on the raw shrimp and increase the speed of my cycle. One can only wish. I also hope that he is friendly and will leave any new residents alone.

I had a bristle worm with my live rock along with a few shelless snails (forget the name). They all made it through the cycle. Just don't touch the bristle worm. From what I hear that stings. :)

I read that the bristles and very fine so they will easily pierce the skin just due to them being so thin. It also has pincers that it can nip you with.

I also read that the red (fire) bristle worms actually burn after you have been punctured with the bristles. They are really pretty but can be aggressive towards fish that it is able to eat.

We have a regular one and he seems to mind his own business. I haven't seen him eat any of the shrimp but the smaller fellow was skipping across it so I assume it was eating a bit.

rdnelson99 said:
I had a bristle worm with my live rock along with a few shelless snails (forget the name). They all made it through the cycle. Just don't touch the bristle worm. From what I hear that stings. :)

Stomatella snails? We have tons and I love them. Have seen them breed...at the same time, usually early afternoon, they all climb to to the highest point they can and secrete a milky white liquid in the water. A week or so later lots of babies! So neat. And ew to bristle worms. My parents tank is infested...get them out while you can!

Back
Top Bottom