Just curious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have no experience in saltwater. in the future i would like to have a little 10-15 gal saltwater tank, maybe housing a clown or 2 and an anemone for him. How complicated would this be? Also, how expensive?

To keep an anemone you are looking at needing a really good light which can run well over $100 or even more depending on the actual light. A small tank like that believe it or not is actually more work than say a 55g tank! The bigger the better in saltwater as even a slight shift in parameters can have serious repurcussions. But if that is what you are limited to due to space it is for sure do-able, just more work. :)

AS a side note, clowns do not need an anemone and it's hit or miss whether they will host with an anemone anyways.

I have put about 375 dollars into my 10 gallon. I need to put at east another $125in it before I get it close to what I want. If you live in an area where a ton of people have saltwater tanks craigslist will be your best bet.

Yeah, $35-$50 per gallon is probably a good range to expect to spend in setting up a tank.

Read some books on the subject. You can go as cheap or expensive as you want. Just research as much as you can. Make a list of what you want and make a list of what you NEED. Decide what is doable and go for it. Just be patient, don't over stock, don't over feed and buy fish that is recommended for the size of tank. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom