Kent Marin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey! Did buy me some Kent Marin product A/B from Amazon
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390736773.885642.jpg

Someone have experiment with this product?:)

If that's the tank you bought it for in the background you don't need 2 part at all
just basic water changes are needed
until you have a heavy load of coral in the tank it is not necessary to dose at all
even with a heavy load of coral dosing isn't needed as long as you maintain a good water change schedule
dosing if you ask me is just looking for problems

I bought this duo. I used it for a time and did in fact lose a couple of soft corals..clove polyps and leather coral. I finally read somewhere not to dose for anything that you are not testing for. So I stopped using it and am just keeping everything healthy with regular weekly water changes. I have a 16 gallon with softies and lps.

I used to dose that and saw very few results. I'm not a big fan of kent products. I've switched to two little fishes two part a and b. However, my tank is stocked full of sps and lps and I test for cal/alk/mag. I'm also a lazy water changer but with the coral stock I see in that tank there is no need to add that stuff. Like said don't add it if you don't test for it

wow 16g almost sounds like tank OD , it's hard keeping levels right in something that small and yes never dose if your not testing

Anything under 50g shouldn't need dosing anyhow
I have a new 90g and don't dose it , everything was transferred over about 2 weeks ago from 2 smaller tanks that were never dosed
all I do is weekly 10g water changes , and tests everything seems to be thriving except my toadstool and finger leather but I just think they need time to settle

just wait till you run out of room very addicting hobby

wow 16g almost sounds like tank OD , it's hard keeping levels right in something that small and yes never dose if your not testing

Anything under 50g shouldn't need dosing anyhow
I have a new 90g and don't dose it , everything was transferred over about 2 weeks ago from 2 smaller tanks that were never dosed
all I do is weekly 10g water changes , and tests everything seems to be thriving except my toadstool and finger leather but I just think they need time to settle

just wait till you run out of room very addicting hobby

I'm sure you are having so much fun with your new 90 gallon. Shopping for new corals for a tank that size would be a blast. Sorry, I don't know all the lingo yet...what do you mean by tank OD?

It is very important to keep up on water changes in a nano tank.. But as long as you do that and keep up on the top offs, and don't overfeed everything is great! The water changes take hardly any time at all. And a nano tank is great if you are on a budget. :)

Back
Top Bottom