Led for 5 gal lps and softie tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thanks!! I was just going by the 3 watt per gal rule. Unless that doesn't mean anything? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So seaweed, this wave point light you use on your 30 gal tank has 16 leds, and you have 2 of them so you have 32 watts for 30 gal. Is this a good rule to go by when sizing a led for your tank? I'm new to all of this. Lol. I thought you were supposed to shoot for 3 watts per gal? Correct me if I'm wrong?

Ok that's cool. So how do you know for sure what size light you need so you don't have too much or too little?

So seaweed, this wave point light you use on your 30 gal tank has 16 leds, and you have 2 of them so you have 32 watts for 30 gal. Is this a good rule to go by when sizing a led for your tank? I'm new to all of this. Lol. I thought you were supposed to shoot for 3 watts per gal? Correct me if I'm wrong?

Rule of thumb is 3 watts but I've yet to ever see a problem with these lights
keeping softies and LPS there actually very bright considering there only 1 watt per led the only thing is you need to add a external dimmer box
they actually seem brighter than my chinese version of the tao tronics
over my 90g

Thanks, I've been noticing that on a lot of reviews for some of these 1 watt leds that they do just fine for softies and some lps. I just never had the kahunas to spend the money to see if they really work.

Back
Top Bottom