LED lighting nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craigdillman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How many LEDs / watts would you recomend for a custom made acrylic aquarium(nano reef)

18" across 12" high 12" deep

Want to get enough lighting to open my options to anything I'd like to grow coral wise but don't want to over due the light cause its a shallow and small tank.

What would you recommend for some LEDs I'm open to DIY type of fixtures as long as not too involved

Beamworks LED fixtures! You can find them on eBay for about $100

Attachments

• image-2916203782.jpg
    image-2916203782.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 92
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/lights-for-a-fluval-spec-v-251881.html

Check out this thread I started yesterday. I asked basically the same question. Convict convinced me to get a Par38. They are a little more expensive but he said it will be able to grow anything. The light itself is only $79. There is a coupon on the website for $10 off too so its really only $69 right now. I like the fact that the Par38 has full spectrum.

Hope that helps :)

The TaoTronics Dimmable 120 Watt LED. I've got one, love it, and everything in my 10g does too. It's more than the beamworks but it's gonna go on my 55 when this reef grows up. And Holy Shizzle does it get bright!!!

Ah ok that looks good,
I'm building this little tank for my brother he love watching my 30 gallon reef and can only have a 5 gallon in his university res so trying to make something work

Ah ok that looks good,
I'm building this little tank for my brother he love watching my 30 gallon reef and can only have a 5 gallon in his university res so trying to make something work

I think that light may be a bit too much for a 5. For a while I had it on the lowest setting but I've adjusted up a bit and the corals seem to be loving it. $200 bucks for a light on 5 gallon may be a bit too much. It's a great option though. Hope he enjoys it!

(y)

Yea that's the thing it's to hard to get a good light without overpowering the tank

Back
Top Bottom