Light for biocube 32 led

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey how are you? I've been searching and I've decided to upgrade the lights on my biocube because the colors don't pop on my corals as they don't the lfs plus u want to keep some lps and sps so my question is which one of this lights is better for a biocube 32 the ai prime hd, the Hydra 26 hd or the Kessel 160 also this are not my pics but if you do add a defuser how much light strength do you actually lose

Attachments

• IMG_5577.jpg
    IMG_5577.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_5578.jpg
    IMG_5578.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 721
I’ve always liked the look of the kessil lights but they’re not as controllable out of the box as the other two. All 3 are top of the line and would let you keep any photosynthetic animal you’d like.

There isn't an answer to that question really. They will all do the job above and beyond.
I mean the actually tank area of a biocube 32 is about 14 1/2" from the filter wall to the front 19 from left to right and 20 from tall

I’ve always liked the look of the kessil lights but they’re not as controllable out of the box as the other two. All 3 are top of the line and would let you keep any photosynthetic animal you’d like.
Oh ok I think I'm going with the prime they are the cheaper option

When you are thinking of lighting, don't think of it like you would older style bulbed units. LEDs penetrate water amazingly well. At full power it will easily burn and kill coral if not properly acclimated. These things are extremely powerful. When I was running my Gen 2 Radions, I never had them over 60% intensity if I remember correctly. I'd tell you what my AI are currently running at, but a phone crash led to me loosing my settings...any screwing with it will change things up so I've been letting sleeping dogs lay...but it by far isn't higher than 60% intensity. 20 tall really is nothing for LED water penetration.

When you are thinking of lighting, don't think of it like you would older style bulbed units. LEDs penetrate water amazingly well. At full power it will easily burn and kill coral if not properly acclimated. These things are extremely powerful. When I was running my Gen 2 Radions, I never had them over 60% intensity if I remember correctly. I'd tell you what my AI are currently running at, but a phone crash led to me loosing my settings...any screwing with it will change things up so I've been letting sleeping dogs lay...but it by far isn't higher than 60% intensity. 20 tall really is nothing for LED water penetration.

Sorry I'm new to led last time I was on the hobby all I remember we used was metal halide and t5ho led were barely coming out, this was back in 09when I had the reef tank,

Back
Top Bottom