Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keysman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got a 18 gallon tank going to set it up as a reef tank now the tank has got a t5 13 watt 10000 k white light built into the hood. Is this light good enough to support corals that need low to moderate light

You're gonna need more than that for me to feel safe with corals.

How long is the tank? I've could give you plenty of other options for not that much more as well

Well what would you feel safe with I was thinking a clip on150W Lamp
2 LED downlights
External Ballast
20,000K Bulb
Dual-Switches
Built in Adjustable Fan on a tank that is 17 g do you think that would do or is that to much?

That would let you keep whatever you're heart desires! Just be sure to watch the temp, thos HQI/HID/MH fixtures can get pretty hot!

How well do the fans work on those lights will it be a issue with the temp

Could I support any coral on the t5 13 w 10000 k lighting

Yeah that is not alot but what kind of lighting would support low to moderate corals for a 17 gallon 2 foot tank

With the halides, only thing I have to really add is that, make sure you really want a 20K bulb in there. A 20K bulb is going to be pretty darn blue to the point where you may not like it, so you may want to step it back to 14K.

As for low light, corals, you could look into getting a PC setup, or a multi-bulb T5 fixture.

Back
Top Bottom