Lighting for a 20 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheKikster

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i just bought a 20 gallon tank and im putting everything together. The final thing im stuck on is the lighting. My tank is 24L X 12W X 16H. I lan on having both fish and corals in it. So i wanted to get your guys opinion on what type of lighting i should get and what brands. I heard LED's is the way to go. So can you guys throw out some suggestions for me please. My limit would have to be about $250 for right now. Thanks

IMO I'm going the taotronics route. Done upgrading lights every couple years and I've read a lot of good stuff about them. There a good thread about them called ( LEDs best bang for your buck)

Depending on what kind of corals you want to keep will depend on the lights, do some research on the corals you like. Generally softies and LPS require less light than SPS corals.
Givin you have a smaller/shorter tank and a tight budget you could look at the marineland reef capable LED I have it on my 29 long and it grows LPS good and lower sps ok, I like it ...

Just my 2cents
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom