Lights for shrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have started a 20 gallon reef...

I have 2 ocellaris clowns, a sixline wrasse, a yellow watchman goby, and a barnacle blenny. Then I have 20lbs lr (so far) and 24lbs lace rock.

I've got a 65 watt 50/50 light fixture and I added some green mushrooms a couple days ago. They seem to be doing fine and are fully expanded.

Everything's goin fine so far.

Willyboy, I believe you may be overdoing the Q's a bit. Reading the light instructions will tell you a lot for instance maybe about lunar lights. It's almost like you're not doing any reading on your own. I'm not here to give you a hard time, but folks around here are more than willing to help - especially those that help themselves too. I'd like to see you consider buying Eric Borneman's "Aquarium Corals" book. It'll answer a lot of questions on corals and help you develop your target list.

You'll need to ensure your tank is stable before you begin to add corals. Those choices sound good - both the coral and the fish.

Have fun and take your time. It'll be worth it. But do some reading too. You may be surpised how much info is out there already.

Good luck dude!

Hey Willyboy...I've been working alot - in fact, that's where I'm at now and haven't been able to follow this thread. You made a good choice on the lights. I've got the same 30" fixture over a 29-gal. We bought the legs for the fixture so it would stand over the tank. It used to sit on folding glass covers, but we got rid of the covers - too hard to feed the fish taking off the canopy, holding the covers open, etc.
We have mushrooms, leathers, zoos, xenias, GSP, RBTA, flower anemone, etc. along with a false clown, lawnmower blenny, a 6-line wrasse, cleaner & peppermint shrimp, and a few snails. It has a Seaclone 150 skimmer and a Maxijet 1200 for circulation and a 75W heater. We do 5-gallon water changes once every 2 weeks and clean the skimmer then. Here's a link to our tank photos on this site:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7137

Another link from the DFWMAS site:

http://www.dfwmas.org/Gallery/index.php?cat=10473

This is not our first tank and we're still learning. It's taken 2 years of trial & error to get it where it is now. We've had problems and worked through them with help from forums like this one.

Back
Top Bottom