Lindsey's Nemo tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sdoerger

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New to AA. I've had FW tank (29 gal) for many years & have often thought about getting started with SW. My 14 year old daughter told me she wanted a Nemo - so I finally had the excuse to get started!

We got at 12 gal Marineland Eclipse - I love the look and the quiet operation! I've add a small PH and we've used tap water with liquid conditioner. Have 2" of sand and 12 lbs on live rock.

Water has always tested good and we added Nemo after about 2 weeks. Added 2 snails the following week. Then added Reggie (small Royal Gama) and a Cleaner shrimp in week 5.

In week 7 we added small clump of Daisey Polyps. I know there are mixed thoughts on corals with a basic fluorescent lamp (but I like the simple hood on the Eclipse).

I placed the polyps up high figuring they'd get more light. But the water movement seems to bother them. Right now the power head is turned off. Both the polyps and Reggie seem to be happier!

Any thoughts on the best location for the power head? Do I even need it for a small tank?

Attachments

• image-1749548410.jpg
    image-1749548410.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 108
  • image-3448972544.jpg
    image-3448972544.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2534853801.jpg
    image-2534853801.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2971443283.jpg
    image-2971443283.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 79
Looks great. Yes the powerhead is a good idea to provide circulation of the water around the live rock. If you decide to get some corals in the future, you definitely need the water flow.

Don't you just love clownfish? They are my favorite fish of all time. :fish2:

Looks great. Yes the powerhead is a good idea to provide circulation of the water around the live rock. If you decide to get some corals in the future, you definitely need the water flow.

Don't you just love clownfish? They are my favorite fish of all time. :fish2:

Yea - he's really awesome. But I think I like the little Royal Gama just as much. He was really shy initially. Hardly ever came out of his rock caves. You would see him in the tank, but would dart into hiding as soon as you approached the tank. Now he even stays out during water changes!

Back
Top Bottom