link to my new diy LED retro into my 24g nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, great job, hopefully when I do mine for my 80g you'll post on my thread and help me out, I know I'll have problems lol so how much did you spend on everything once it was finished?

Well. Let's say I did not blow 7 LEDs, I spent about 360 give or take a little for odds and ends. The most expensive extras was either the rolls or wire, or the project box. I know you can get a nano tuners for a little more than that... But I have so much more than that kit. 4 different sets of controllable lights... Blue, white, high noon, and moonlights.

Hands down is worth it. And be sure to spend the little extra to get solderless
Connecters. You'll save alot of time and headaches.

Let me correct my above comment. The most expensive thing, OUTSIDE OF BUYING THE REEFLEDLIGHTS.COM KIT, was the wire, or project box. And those cost maybe $15 for both at radioshack.

Anyways, I hope yours goes well

Yea. It was definitely the right way to
Go as far as LEDs go. I was originally going to just add some ProLumens strips in my hood. But to get the lighting I was wanting. It would have cost just as much as what I spent, and I have so much more now

I just ordered a kit, hopefully I don't mess anything up putting it together, but the site I ordered it from didn't have the solderless connectors so I gonna have to get them from reefled or something

Attachments

• image-3559287207.jpg
    image-3559287207.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 85
bjb is the brand of the solderless conectors on reefledlights.com

and i hear alot of good things about rapidled so ya looks like a good deal. its the same stuff i used, i just got it from a different site

Its meaning is a little complex, I can explain if you want just fire me a pm. I'm unfamiliar with exactly what the connectors are connecting. I assume one connector connects an individual led. If that's the case just check the ratings on the led. It may involve some math/algebra which I can do if you post all the numbers. If the LEDs run at 60 volts dc and draw 2 amps or less your fine and no math needed. Post the numbers and we can help you out.

Thats is an amazing difference ,,Wow,,can't imagine what it looks like in person...great work

Back
Top Bottom