list all stocking possibilities with a 20 g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
20g long with 20 lbs of cured lr, with a 2 inch sand bed
Currently I have 1 perc clownfish at 1.5 inches, a tiger pistol shrimp, 5 snail/hermit cleanup crew.

I like small and thin fish like snakes/eels, but I know I probably can't house a pipefish, I also like active fish that are fun to watch as well as unique/rare looking fish to show off. I am definitely getting a goby, open to suggestions on what kind. I want to have 4-5 fish, if possible, i dont mind doing frequent water changes

Also I just ordered a nova extr t5h0 with 2 bulbs, a daylight and acitinic, not sure how to work it yet since it has 2 diff bulbs, any explanation?

with this new lighting, can you guys recommend any corals for me? I originally had planned a fowlr so I never looked into information on corals. I want corals now since I have the lighting for them, I saw a glowing neon green mushroom at my lfs that I want, not sure what it will thrive in though. I wouldnt mind just having a crap load of those tbh, they look amazing

A really good rare fish that is amazing to keep and that swims like an eel is a jack knife fish (other names are: spotted drum fish/ ribbon fish)
Check it out on YouTube
In terms of coral the first thing you need to know is that they need a ridiculous amount of care including dossing carbon, magnesium, calcium, kh and of course coral food. You will also need a protien skimmer to get rid of excess waste because corals are far more sensitive to water parameter changes than fish. Also you should invest on a powerhead because corals need good flow. Apart from everything else corals aren't cheap so investing in them is a big financial risk. If you can pull it off you can create an unbelievable reef.
Lastly you must remember that after corals are added your fish options are drastically limited fish such as butterfly fish, angelfish, pufferfish and some filefish ect.

This is only a 20 long tank... I don't think a drum fish will work, but don't know much about them

thanks for the information
I didnt think it would be that much more expensive. Are there any cheap alternatives? as in easy to take care of ones but probably not cool looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom