Liverock critters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigFudge

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been noticing a lot of little things going on with my liverock but the one I am really wondering about are these two fan-like things. One is blue and one is pinkish. But they only come out sometimes (usually feeding time) but I just noticed the blue one today. Anyone have any idea what these are? I would post a picture but they're both pretty tiny.

BigFudge said:
I have been noticing a lot of little things going on with my liverock but the one I am really wondering about are these two fan-like things. One is blue and one is pinkish. But they only come out sometimes (usually feeding time) but I just noticed the blue one today. Anyone have any idea what these are? I would post a picture but they're both pretty tiny.

And a red one

Possibly small mushroom polyps or feather dusters... A picture would help a lot but live rock hitchhikers can be realllly tiny lol.

BigFudge said:

Most likely feather dusters.

Hard to get a good picture

Attachments

• image-2575248951.jpg
    image-2575248951.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 108
This one is a little better

Attachments

• image-550918246.jpg
    image-550918246.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 100
Jacobsal91 said:
Luckyy, I found 3 on 25 pounds of rock i bought... They just vanished imnot sure what happened
Lol

The hide when they get scared.
You should find them out again in a bit. :)
I bought an adult feather duster when I started the tank and it died, but before it died it left me with all sorts of baby feather dusters on my live rock. Worth it. >.>

Ha heck yeah worth it! That's awesome. I love the live rock!!!! Honestly live rock is probably the top reason I like saltwater tanks over freshwater.

I like coral better than fish. Along with the invertebrates that come along with it.
Makes it all worth it. :D

Back
Top Bottom