lots of fine particles in water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have alot of tiny white particles in my water and the sand was not stirred up recently nor are the particles the copepods from another topic i made. im running the filter pad still in my biocube (14) so should i remove that and add something else o help clear it up?? I also still have the blu sponge in the chamber that contains my pump

They could be air bubbles? Are they settling on the bottom or floating to the top?

ill try to get pics but they are just throughout all the water and they do sorta look like air bubbles

Most of the time if you are seeing what looks like particle it`s usually air bubbles.

Did your water level get to low? Or do you have a skimmer of some type. Usually bubbles are from a skimmer or pump.

Hmmm could be air trapped somewhere... or if your tanks fairly new dino algea will give off bubbles and they might be getting sucked in the pump?

Ya just check the pump if it doesn't stop. Air bubbles will piss off coral and can hurt things like sponges but they shouldn't be a prob right now.

hasnt stopped yet. what should i do about the pump? unplug it, submerge it to try and release all the air then run it again?

The water level should be over the pump. Also the water should be coming from the bottom of the middle chamber to the pump, a sponge at the bottom of the middle chamber will help stop bubbles

yeah it may be under the water level the pump should be running at, or maybe your just seeing fine sand particles?

but yeah i always run my pump above the max, i should probably get a stronger one..

Back
Top Bottom