macro algae dieing please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I got a 24 gallon aquapod 4 months old I have a mermaid fan and shaving brush macro both beginning to turn brown nitrates are elevated also added a koralia nano power head any help would be apreciated

I'll try that thanks do u know if aquapod stock lighting is good enough

Most algae does fine under compact fluorescent lighting. Those are 2 of the harder algae from my understanding.

That's what puzzels me I put it in 55 gallon with metal halides to see what it does

Could e the small water volume but then again I've never herd of anyone killing off macro algae. Is there other competing algae's in the tank or do you have a cyano bacteria problem?

Is the cyano growing over any of the macro algae? Ive noticed that anything that cyano covers will usually die off within a 24 hour period sometimes less.

No but it was near it BTW I just built a DIY stand and canapy for 55 I posted a pic on yur thread

Ya I saw that thank you. I wish I was closer I would have loved to get a stand that is that detailed :) Try moving the algae away from the cyano or vise versa and see if that helps at all. Or if you can put the algae in your 55 to see if it was in fact the lighting. Tell how it goes

Back
Top Bottom