Matt's 10 gallon nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MatthewM

Aquarium Advice Activist
This weekend i plan to start on my nano reef build I already have the tank which i had freshwater so i have a heater and filter already as well! My intention is to buy sand, rock, and salt this weekend to set the tank up and allow for the cycle to start! I will buy the lights a little later when the cycle is done or nearly done. Any advice or tips from anyone would be appreciated. And one question I Had was if i would need to go ahead and buy a powerhead now or if it could also wait?

I did the same thing! If I were you, I would get the power head as soon as you can! It will only help. For a 10 gallon, I would highly recommend the koralia powerheads! I have a marineland maxijet and It's pretty bad! :) good luck with everything!

Technically, the PH could wait till the cycle is done. If your strapped right now, just wait. Theres nothing in there and your BB will grow on the sand, rocks and filter. So there's no rush to get the ph IMO. The cycle is gonna take a while. And stock lights will work at first too, don't need to upgrade them until you add coral, and low light corals (ie mushrooms) might even be ok with the stock lights. Have fun putting it together! Good luck!!

Thanks thats kinda my intention, im getting the sand ,rock, and a test kit for SW friday and setting up to start the cycle! I figured I'll get the power head and a upgraded light towards the end of the cycle

No updates no i had a setback on money but should be starting up soon i just need rock and salt!

I am planning to yes but i have no experience with them whatsoever so i will be asking for a ton of advice!

Back
Top Bottom