Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Nano Reefs
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
I've had this debate with many many people all over the forums and most had told me they were more for looks and wouldn't help with coral growth etc... So I went with the AI SOL BLUE and cut it into my stock BC29 hood. Your not as limited as you may think.

A little DIY project and you can put in most of those awesome LED systems right into your stock hood and still use your stock splash guard which IMO is a HUGE plus.

Good luck.
What are the dimentions of that fixture? And thats led with a cooling fan? How much was it?
Sry for so many questions but that looks like its exactly what i need

Old 06-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's expensive I think I paid 400 for mine. They also have a nano version which is a lot smaller then the one I have. And yes they have a top middle cooling fan. I linked the site it's easier of you just look at them yourself. There are so many things you can do with it. It's fully dimming so my light starts at 7am and slowly ramps up to 50% at noon then ramps back down after to moonlights at 8pm then total darkness at 3am. It even has a lighting setting I have mine set to 20% chance at 1 a day pretty cool feature. Check them out.

http://www.aquaillumination.com/

You'll see the nano which was too small for my BC29.

Anyway my light is 1ft long by 5 1/4 wide.

Good luck I'm your search but I'd stay away from those stunner strips, I almost bought them but a member here was very helpful and saved me from making a big mistake. I was falling for the YouTube videos etc... Don't get me wrong there great lights to help colors pop! And show off your corals. But for growth and propagation of corals I think they fall short.

Hope this helps

Anything thing else feel free to PM me anytime.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
It's expensive I think I paid 400 for mine. They also have a nano version which is a lot smaller then the one I have. And yes they have a top middle cooling fan. I linked the site it's easier of you just look at them yourself. There are so many things you can do with it. It's fully dimming so my light starts at 7am and slowly ramps up to 50% at noon then ramps back down after to moonlights at 8pm then total darkness at 3am. It even has a lighting setting I have mine set to 20% chance at 1 a day pretty cool feature. Check them out.

http://www.aquaillumination.com/

You'll see the nano which was too small for my BC29.

Anyway my light is 1ft long by 5 1/4 wide.

Good luck I'm your search but I'd stay away from those stunner strips, I almost bought them but a member here was very helpful and saved me from making a big mistake. I was falling for the YouTube videos etc... Don't get me wrong there great lights to help colors pop! And show off your corals. But for growth and propagation of corals I think they fall short.

Hope this helps

Anything thing else feel free to PM me anytime.
Wow thats not cheap.. Seems worth it i was checkin them out those
Lights look perfect. I have a 12 gallon aquapod the nano one SHOULD be ok i still have read up on that
One..

If i do get that i would be spending a lot of
Money i may get a few stunners to add on because those lights make it look fantastic! Haha thank you for showing me that. Definatly on my list of things to buy

Tags
clam

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com