MH bulbs ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsdryder7

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so i picking up a used 28 g hqi and wanted to buy the best bulb i could to start new so my question is what are the lol

i have a kinda dumb question but here it is.....if i buy a phoenix 14k mh bulb do i need a specific size for my 28 g jbj hqi or are they all the same size ??

I think they have screw in, single ended and double ended bulbs. What does type of bulb is in there now?
Is thats what you meant?

lol ya i dont pick it up till sunday lol im getting a little excited and kind of jumping the gun hahaha i just wanted to get a good bulb in there before i got it cause the guy said it prob need one(i dont know if its double ended or single ) .......i should just wait till i start my build thread on sunday hahaha

Yeah, wait and see. A good brand bulb is a great choice, thats a sweet little setup. I've been eying them for awhile now

the halide bulbs come in mogul (screw in) and hqi (double ended) also the bulb you want is more of what type of lighting 14K is gonna be more blueish the higher the number is the more blue it looks

and phoenix makes great bulbs cant go wrong with those

and phoenix makes great bulbs cant go wrong with those
thanks for clearing that up buddy lol i was looking at phoenix or ushio what do you think is better cause the ushio is like 20 dollars more ??

well if you get ushio be careful those bulbs put out the most par ive heard and they can burn your corals up if you dont properly acclimate them

Back
Top Bottom