Missing RBTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I started a post last week about a RBTA that I was trying to save from a LFS. He was looking better and better by the day and was loving the new MH lights in my tank.

Saturday night, he is still hanging out on the back glass, pretty close to the surface. Sunday morning, he's gone.

I have no idea where he could be. I have pulled apart some of the rocks and have searched the tank as well as I can. Anyone have any idea what could have happened? The only other thing I can think of is that he got sucked into a powerhead. But the grates on the entrance pipe are so small that I would think he would just remain stuck to it, not get sucked through. Also, I would expect some evidence in the tank if that had happened.

Water parameters:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: <10ppm
Phos: 0
PH: 8.2
Salinity: 1.023

Any ideas?????

My guess is it is hiding in the LR some where. It is amazing the spaces they can squeeze into. They can get pretty small. It may just be adjusting to the new MH lighting. I just moved one from my 72 to my nano cube and he has yet to come out from behind a rock. It has been over a week. Give it time and keep checking water parameters. You may also want to look in powerheads, skimmers, overflows and filters.

Back
Top Bottom