Money in coral fragging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah the Odysseas. Yeah, that works too. Those get HOT though. I have one for my FW which grows my plants well, but it gets very hot. I say, research it a bit, and maybe try it :)

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Those lights can keep a lot of coral from what I'm seeing. Because I'm 15 and don't make a whole lot of money, I think I'm going to buy the rock and sand, and start cycling the tank without the light. Is that ok? By the time the tank is cycled ill have more cash for lights and corals.

Probably pure ammonia dosed to the point where eventually it is consumed by beneficial bacteria in a timely manner.

Haha yeah saw the dead shrimp method online. That one looks fun lol.

Oh...yeah...def..definitely..*vomits* :lol: Maybe it's not that bad if a lot of people are doing it...

I have a feeling a dead shrimp in a ten gallon will not go over too well. This probably works better with larger tanks.

As for my tank, I'm getting the ten gallon on July 20th at the aca convention. Actually I'm getting two but the other is going to be fresh...for now. Will just a regular HOB filter work? The live rock and sand is probably going to house most of the beneficial bacteria. I'll go ahead and order the dry rock soon, is 15 lbs good? I'll add 5 lbs live rock from my lfs after the cycle, or maybe during if I find out its ok. I'll buy the sand too. That way it's all ready to go in the tank and start cycling once I get it.

True.

Had to look that up. Don't judge :lol:. American Cichlid Association, correct? It will work as long as it's rated at least double the gallons of the tank. (ex. for 10 g SW, a filter rated up to 20 g). Sounds like a good amount. Depends if it's dense or not. I have a 2 ft pukani rock that's 15 lbs, but fiji is denser. To avoid making the tank cloudy from the sand, rinse it several times really well and put it in first. Add rock on top then water making sure not too disturb the sand. You probably know how it goes.

Sounds good. I'm going to order the dry rock from BRS, unless I can find a better price online with good rock. I'll probably go with the Fiji. I like the look and it's got good reviews. And yeah American cichlid association.

Going out to buy the sand right now! And a 20 gallon long...but Its gonna be fresh. Going to order the rock soon! Anybody know of any good rock online cheaper than BRS? Probably gonna go with their Fiji dry rock.

As far as I know (I only have experience on the freshwater side, but I've been researching SW for a while) adding the live rock during the cycle will be a benefit to you, because it will be colonized with beneficial bacteria, thus helping to speed up your cycle. It will also help to seed your dry rock. I have heard you may want to cure live the rock first, though, before you put it in your tank.

I'm not sure about ordering the LR online, hopefully someone with more experience can chime in on that

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom