Mr. Aqua 17 -- Restart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might be more than your looking to spend, but have you looked into the NanoBox retrofit units?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have. I actually conversed with Dave from Nanobox, but he said it wasn't really up his alley because I already have my own LEDs. I need to find a T5 housing, that's what I need to do. I just need to find how to do it. Ugh.

I meant looking into getting one of his units, I imagine the sale of your radion after would help offset the cost if a hybrid is your ultimate goal.

Very true. So the hybrid is $700 or so, and I could probably sell the Radion, Reeflink, and RMS for around $300-350. That would work, I just need to save some money for it.

There shouldn't be any reason for you to dump all of that money and try to do it over again. The radions have all that you'd need and the reeflink opens up a wide range of abilities and ease to fiddle with things. So, the question is what exactly are you trying to do?

There shouldn't be any reason for you to dump all of that money and try to do it over again. The radions have all that you'd need and the reeflink opens up a wide range of abilities and ease to fiddle with things. So, the question is what exactly are you trying to do?

I just thought about that. You're probably right. I'm doing too much. Although I may add some UV leds for some extra pop.

Not necessary, still back to throwing money at what is going on. By adjusting how much of what color of light will result in what pops out and what doesn't. There are so many beautiful tanks here in the forums and much elsewhere that are run off of simple blue and white LEDs without issue so you can do the same.

Alright, I just got home from vacation about an hour ago and checked over the tank and such. The tank sitter did an excellent job and everything looks great. My red planet actually is coloring up nicely and polyp extension is getting better. I saw some encrusting going on with my rainbow Monti so that's great. On the other hand, I haven't thinned out my Fuge at all this week and the Chaeto and caulerpa are going crazy. That needs to be done tomorrow. I'm looking into getting another fish.

Do you guys have any suggestions for fish? I'm open to anything. I just have a small clown and a fat, happy green target Mandy. I was thinking a goby of some sort? I really wanted a possum wrasse but I don't want anything that will compete for pods. The Mandy eats frozen a few times a week and the fuge keeps the tank well stocked with pods. No matter how much he eats there are always a million around. It's great. Maybe I'll just pickup a yellow clown goby. I had a hard time getting the last one I owned to eat prepared foods, but I can try again, this time with an aqua cultured specimen and maybe I'll have some more luck.

Edit: I also like Banggai Cardinals. Hm.

Back
Top Bottom