Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Nano Reefs
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-28-2005, 01:24 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
To get a little more scientific, those DOC's are both attracted to, and repelled by water...so the millions of tiny bubbles in a skimmer capture them since the walls of the bubbles are both water and air. The DOC's stick to them like a magnet, and then when the bubble bursts in the collection cup, the DOC's are left in the cup.
That is a much better explination

Old 02-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You will have a HARD time keeping an anemone alive. Many of my fish are called "difficult to keep for any length of time" - and they've all done just fine. My PBT is 9 months old now and is healthier and more active than ever.

When they say anemones are tough to keep, they mean it. I had one last about 3-4 weeks, stayed in the same spot and appeared to be doing great. Then it decided to start roaming around the tank and I knew it was in trouble. It was dead 3 days later and not a single water parameter had changed. My tank is closing in on 1 year old so I have 2 anemones now - a huge white sebae and a white-tipped LT. If these die I won't be buying any more anemones for a long time.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Clown Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:38 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
And remember because if looks like coffee, u cant drink it, although it will keep u up all night (vomiting)

StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anemone, anemones

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com