My 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would wait for the rock because it's better to put your rocks in before the sand so they're more stable.

Well, getting more excited! My rock, power head and test kit should be here today which means I will be able to start the aquascape and setting up for the cycle :dance:

So exciting! Always fun to see new equipment on the tank

So true, I just hope there is nothing broken. My wife said UPS dropped it on the porch an left and when she went to get it the box was is horrible shape and completely open :huh:

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything is ok!

Yes, everything is fine, checked everything out and nothing damaged thankfully.

Now need opinions lol....Which once looks best.

Scape1.jpg

or

Scape2.jpg

I like the first setup, can it be stable though? If you can make sure it stays in place I like that one. lol

I like the first setup, can it be stable though? If you can make sure it stays in place I like that one. lol

COOL! :)

So far it is stable, the rocks lock in pretty good but will still use some glue to be safe, don't need to accidents lol.

Quick question everyone. I have also been looking over other things I may be able to add to the tank, once being an anemone. I have heard that the bubble tips are great for beginners but I have also heard that you should wait before putting them in.

The reason I am looking is I figured if I get one of those first it will give it a change to find a spot it likes in the tank and then when I start adding corals I won't have to worry about it bothering them too much.

Thoughts?

Thats an interesting way of looking at things, but alas not the best way. lol

Anemones do better in an established tank. Usually by the 6 month mark you have the hang of things and the tank has settled in, making it much easier t5o keep a nem.
Also, what lights are you going to be using? nems need pristine water and ample light.

I think that anemone is like a clam needs a mature tank 6 to 8 months I am thinking. I am new to this but I think that's what I heard!!

Thats an interesting way of looking at things, but alas not the best way. lol

Anemones do better in an established tank. Usually by the 6 month mark you have the hang of things and the tank has settled in, making it much easier t5o keep a nem.
Also, what lights are you going to be using? nems need pristine water and ample light.

Thank you much Carey. Truly makes sense so I will wait...guess I got the newbie curse wanting to add everything now LOL.

As far as light goes I have a LED with 120 par....don't think that will do it for a nem at this time so will have to update that once the time comes. :)

Yes, everything is fine, checked everything out and nothing damaged thankfully.

Now need opinions lol....Which once looks best.

Scape1.jpg

or

Scape2.jpg

+1 for the first. It uses more of the tank effectively.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom