My 14 gallon BioCube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carey, I have a question. For the API reef test, my phosphates test come out to be clear. It's not really any color on the card. Is that normal?

Yep, if your using ro/di water you should have NO phosphates at all. Thats how you wanna keep it, at zero. :)

I'm not familiar with the api phosphate tesrt, I use salifert and clear is 0 on that test.

Is there a color card with actual colors for the API?

Yeah there is a color card, 0 being sorta yellow and .25 being greyish. It's neither of those colors... I might just start a thread lol

Thats odd. :-/ Maybe do a re test and then maybe try to test your water from your tap? That should have phosphates on it.

Got some Chromis a couple of days ago... Bambi and Thumper are loving it;)

I might be pushing things but my 14g Bio was set up in February of this year. I have 2 long tent. anemones, one is a green tip the other I am not sure of the name 2 Ocellaris, 2 seahorses, some blue leg crabs, an emerald crab, and a cleaner shrimp. I used the green tip for the ocellaris because I knew a carpet anemone would get to big. All of these things in the tank have been thriving well, under simple LED lights. I redid the canopy because the bulbs use to blow all the time. Since they have been thriving for 6 months under these lights, I am keeping my fingers crossed, and I watch carefully for the first signs of anything failing. But so far...... Any one have any suggestions.

Wayyyyyyy overstocked. Anemones get pretty big so I would even put one. Also, seahorses aren't suitable for that type of environment. They need they're own tank without anything that can hurt them, like anemones.

I don't disagree, but so far every one is doing well. I have a 8g also set up and cycling with some of my live rock for the seahorses. Soon I can move them. My other main concern is with the LED lighting. I have 6 strip lights in the canopy. They were underwater, but I have lifted them out of the water to reduced some of the lighting in the tank. These have been in since the beginning of February and corals are doing well. I am still not convinced these lights are enough over the long term. What do you think.

Back
Top Bottom