My 14 gallon BioCube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swimdolphin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am about to get a 14 gallon Oceanic BioCube, and I am going to put one Clark's Clownfish, one Long Tentacle Anemone, one Peppermint Shrimp, and one Court Jester Goby. In what order should I put them in my tank, and does anyone have any " insider tips" on these fish? Thanks!

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I don't think your lights will be good enough for an anenome, plus they require a tank that has been set up for almost a year. The 14g is a great size, just can't fit everything you want in. :)

You can get some corals though, the stock lighting can support a good selection.

Ok...I have changed my plan. I now want one True Percula clownfish, one Court Jester Goby, one Peppermint Shrimp, and Green Star Polyps. Any comments would be appreciated.

I think that sounds like a good idea. :) You could probably get an extra peppermint or 2 as well.

Ok, thanks:) Is there any extra care involved in a peppermint shrimp because it is a crustacean, or is feeding it?

They eat flake food or whatever you feed your fish. :)
As long as you do your water changes you will have all the nutrients they need to grow and molt. I've found them to be alot of fun to watch sway back and forth plus they are big enough that you can see them. LOL I wanted sexy shrimp but they are too tiny.

you cannot dump everything in the tank at once een if its fully cycled, it will cause a huge ammonia spike that your bacteria cant handle, introduce them slowly. id do the shrimp first as they are cheaper and then fish then corals but as long as your cycled it doesnt really matter

carey said:
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I don't think your lights will be good enough for an anenome, plus they require a tank that has been set up for almost a year. The 14g is a great size, just can't fit everything you want in. :)

You can get some corals though, the stock lighting can support a good selection.

I have a 14 bio cube with stock everything and have an anemone In it and has been doing great I agree it is not good to put them in near the start but my tank is over a year old I put the nem In There around month five still doing awesome.

Here is a picture, I just got the tank today and have it set up. Is the water supposed to look like that? And I saw a thread that said you can't use tap water with water conditioner for a reef tank. Is this true?

swimdolphin said:
Oops, here is the picture. I forgot to actually attach it...;)

I forgot again...P.S, I'm blonde:)

Attachments

• image-1689099756.jpg
    image-1689099756.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 134
Here is a picture update for the second day of my tank running. I am going to go get my first piece of live rock EVER in 20 minutes. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-1400544225.jpg
    image-1400544225.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 120
  • image-95637676.jpg
    image-95637676.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 124
Picture update for the third day... Got some BEAUTIFUL live rock yesterday:)

Attachments

• image-3354915287.jpg
    image-3354915287.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 104
Back
Top Bottom