My 14 gallon biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scubasteve77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my first adventure into salt water, and I'm hooked! I have my other 3 tanks broke down and for sale locally. 150gal, 75gal and a 42bowfront. I want to sell all that and get a 220/265 reef ready marineland tank. Anyways, I picked up a biocube off of facebook for $40 came with light/ lid and stand. Visited my local reef shop and got some education on it. Put live sand, some live rock and bought their saltwater went home set it up. I'm using live rock instead of bioballs and filterfloss in the sump area. I absolutely love this. I was having my water checked every week for the first couple months and never had any in regularities. I'm learning about all the parameters and testing so I can start doing my own now. I still have them check my water once a month when I buy 15 gallons of water. Doing 3-4 gallon water changes weekly. Livestock in the tank now: 1 small emerald crab, 10 various snail, peppermint shrimp, 4 zoas, 2 green star polyps 1 bi colored frog spawn 1 small clown, 1 small pajama cardinal and a yellow corris wrasse. Ready to get a big boy tank now. I also want to do a 150show for puffer fish fowlr tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1481336257.925299.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1481336299.492646.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Dude the yellow coris wrasse needs a bigger tank then 14 gallons. Mine is in a 29 with lots of live rock and that is still pushing it. At the most I would stick with the clown and the cardinal. With a small tank try and focus more on corals because they will be easier in a small tank rather then fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Seems to doing fine, I'm getting a new tank as soon as I sell all my freshwater tanks. Looking at the marineland 265 so I'll be ok for a couple months.

Ok, I was just letting you know they grow up fast. Mine started at 2 inches and in 2 months he is at almost 4 inches and holding that size. I'm just warning you that he will probably out grow the tank, so make sure you have a place he can go when he gets to big.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea I knew that going in, the lfs tried to get me to buy more..... this is a overstocked tank, but I knew it was just a temp home till we get the big tank set up. Only waiting on making space for it.

Back
Top Bottom