My 14G Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Figured id just put some pics up of my Biocube, nothing much so far but its a start

(Top pic) overview of tank

(second pic) figured i could use this as sort of a "shelf" to grow corals on

(third pic) first and only coral- button polyps

****(Bottom)**** Anyone know what this is?? guy at lfs was mumbling something about coral and it possibly being alive when i bought this live rock, but as im new i have no idea.

Attachments

• Tank setup as of 1214.jpg
    Tank setup as of 1214.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 363
  • shelf.jpg
    shelf.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 367
  • Button polyp colony.jpg
    Button polyp colony.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 355
  • unknown stuff 2.jpg
    unknown stuff 2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 367
Few more pics

More

Top-blue hermit eating a shrimp pellet :p

Second- another pic of the "unknown" stuff

Third- one of my nerite snails

Attachments

• b hermit eating.jpg
    b hermit eating.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 353
  • unknown stuff 1.jpg
    unknown stuff 1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Nerite snail 1.jpg
    Nerite snail 1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 355
Found something strange

Found something strange on my backwall, it moved like a snail but has no shell, pics r kinda bad sorry but can anyone identify it? and is it good or bad? i have it quarantined for now

**EDIT**
Found out its a Zoa eating nudibranch, bad news apparently so i guess hes getting flushed :/

Attachments

• weird thing (snail like) 2.jpg
    weird thing (snail like) 2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 351
  • weird thing(snail like).jpg
    weird thing(snail like).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 350
yep, looks like an aeolid, bad guys to have.

Xtalreef

heres a good site to identify the critters you may see in your tank some time or another, watch after lights out for most

thanks could i feed him to my freshwater fish? or would that harm them lol :p and can you tell me what that is in last pic of the first post and second pic in second post? guy said something about coral, if it is, is it dead? looks so

if it was me i wouldnt feed him to them, i'd just kill and flush it, or throw it in the trash

and that looks like a dead coral skeleton, doesnt look alive to me. people use it as live rock sometimes because its nice and porous and looks cool, i have a few pieces i added as some dry rock myself

just got my shipment in from reef cleaners, i ordered the cleanup crew made for nano tanks and it was suppose to include 6 ceriths, 1 nassirus, 3 nerites and 2 florida ceriths. Now let me first say that this site is very very good and everything was great, what im about to say is more good than bad but still may be a problem for me. All the snails came in the amount i ordered except the dwarf ceriths...I got 22! (2 of which are actually tiny hermits :D) now this is great except is this dangerous to add to my tank? that means about 28 snails total

these are a few pics of my watchman goby and my new aquascape, i alos put in a pic of my button polyps for you eric, there doing very well

Attachments

• fish tank pics 001.jpg
    fish tank pics 001.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 324
  • fish tank pics 007.jpg
    fish tank pics 007.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 293
  • fish tank pics 002.jpg
    fish tank pics 002.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 296
  • fish tank pics 003.jpg
    fish tank pics 003.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 285
pics of my millions of snails!! and one of my feather duster

Attachments

• fish tank pics 004.jpg
    fish tank pics 004.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 262
  • fish tank pics 005.jpg
    fish tank pics 005.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 254
  • fish tank pics 006.jpg
    fish tank pics 006.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 244
Wow that is a lot of snails haha. Should be ok, only thing I would worry about is the snails not having enough food and dieing. Maybe we can trade some snails for calupra. :p
Also tanks looking good.

oh okay well since they were extra, some die off isnt a problem, and thanks! its my first saltwater tank so im learning as i go. trading sounds fair, let me see how many survive over the next few days

No worries. I've had reef tanks for about 7 years now. Just take things slow as unbareable as it can be and remember water changes can make or brake your tank. :) Good luck and happy reefing!

Just added a torch frag and a mushroom frag. these will be fine with stock lighting correct? i also bought Kents phytoplex to help feed the torch

yep, they'll be fine, be sure to keep the torch away from anything else. it'll kill anything near it

Back
Top Bottom