My 20 long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i set my 20 long back up. Had some dry rock laying around and i got a great deal on 20 lbs of lr with a ton of feather dusters and a rock with about 50 brown button polyps. I hope they survive the cycle...

20 long with stand
300w heater
Aquaclear 70
150w sunpod
Small powerhead

One yellow belly damsel
50 brown button polyps

So i set my 20 long back up. Had some dry rock laying around and i got a great deal on 20 lbs of lr with a ton of feather dusters and a rock with about 50 brown button polyps. I hope they survive the cycle... 20 long with stand 300w heater Aquaclear 70 150w sunpod Small powerhead One yellow belly damsel 50 brown button polyps
Looks good I have an aquaclear 70 on my 20g reef as well, they work pretty well for what it is! The one thing that isnt totally nessasary but what i would reccomend is a small skimmer Maybe a fluval prisim skimmer or something like that. Another sugestion; instead of the biomax in the aquaclear i would put some live rock rubble in a small fiter bag instead, and just trash the biomax. It works a lot better! Keep us updated! Looks good heres my 20h reef (still in the works )
image-2506911685.jpg

Well my polyps arent opening very well. Im hopin these guys make it through the cycle. Like i said they came with the rock so its not like i bought them and out them in but they aren't happy. Ive got 150w halide about 5" above the tank and the corals are about 4" under the water surface.

Well my polyps arent opening very well. Im hopin these guys make it through the cycle. Like i said they came with the rock so its not like i bought them and out them in but they aren't happy. Ive got 150w halide about 5" above the tank and the corals are about 4" under the water surface.

When i first set up mine, i bought a rock that had 5 yellow colony polyps on it, They did horriblenduring the cycle, but once established they exploded! Dont be dishearted most small polyps are reletivly hardy

image-983542055.jpg

Heres mine on day 3 of my first cycle.. Now theres almost 50 of them all over that rock

image-941939546.jpg

Here they are today
Yours will probably do the same thing

When i first set up mine, i bought a rock that had 5 yellow colony polyps on it, They did horriblenduring the cycle, but once established they exploded! Dont be dishearted most small polyps are reletivly hardy

Heres mine on day 3 of my first cycle.. Now theres almost 50 of them all over that rock

Here they are today
Yours will probably do the same thing

Beautiful! Herea what they looked like in the previous owners tank.

ForumRunner_20131008_190835.jpg

And in mine

ForumRunner_20131008_190923.jpg

Beautiful! Herea what they looked like in the previous owners tank. And in mine

Well what kind if lighting is the sunpod? Imnnot very familar with those
But as for that picture that looks normal, everyday it should get better, especially if that lighting is good enough
Maybe lower them a little bit, They could also be closed due to too much lighting its a possibility that they can close if the light is too intense to protect themselves

Well what kind if lighting is the sunpod? Imnnot very familar with those
But as for that picture that looks normal, everyday it should get better, especially if that lighting is good enough
Maybe lower them a little bit, They could also be closed due to too much lighting its a possibility that they can close if the light is too intense to protect themselves

150w halide. They look a little bit better today though!

ForumRunner_20131009_140340.jpg

Oh nice
Looks better just keep an eye on them, If it doesnt improve from here on
Maybe try to move them down a bit
In my opinion they seem pretty close to the light but see what happens

Oh nice
Looks better just keep an eye on them, If it doesnt improve from here on
Maybe try to move them down a bit
In my opinion they seem pretty close to the light but see what happens

I was wondering if they were too close. My light is maybe 6" off the water and they are a few inches under the water

Back
Top Bottom