My 28g nanocube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootchman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well finally starting my 28g nano cube. Its the intermediate series with 29watts of led lighting. I cant find a stand in the st. louis area for it so im gonna try to use this end table. its solid wood, i realize this tank will weigh around 300lbs, i sat on the table myself and i weigh 315 pounds. does it look like this table will hold my tank?

28gnanocube_zps60b90a72.jpg
[/IMG]

a>

Last edited:
i went ahead and ordered the correct stand for my 28g nanocube. also ordered a hydro koralia 425 powerhead also. I already installed my biocube uv steralizer v2.0. I also think im gonna go without a skimmer since the cheap ones suck and the others are too expensive. since there is two return pumps on this tank i was gonna leave one on all the time with the uv hooked to it and put the other one on the wave maker having it turn off and on every so often. does this sound like it should work?

well ive gone crazy and ordered some more add ons for my nano cube.
-inTank media basket upgrade
-nano remora c protein skimmer
-jbj nanoglo refugium light

please dont tell my wife lol

the madness continues just purchased a few more items. i swear this is it.
-jbj auto top of kit from InTank
-cobalt mj1200 pump to replace the main pump in the back of the aquarium

which leads me to the question can u use the wavemaker that came with the jbj nano 28g intermediate series kit, only with the stock pumps?

A skimmer is always a plus. You will have alot of issues with out one such as high phosphates. You will also be forced to clean out your filter twice as frequently. Skimmer removes out proteins and nutrients that cause phosphates. It also makes your filter work less. The problem with a saltwater tank is that if you go cheap you will have major problems down the road. A uv sterilizer may kill helpful bacteria btw

What size refuge you have? I have a 30 gallon and my fish guy said a refugium will only be beneficial if i have a 20gallon refuge.

mine is just the compartment in the back of the tank. i just want to grow some algae back there to help with the tanks chemistry.

Oh ok. Imo i dont think it will be enough to make a difference but the best thing is its a place for copepods to grow. Free food for your tank

well ive gone crazy and ordered some more add ons for my nano cube.

please dont tell my wife lol

Yup been there. I don't know how to tell her my radions could've bought her numerous coach purses lol...so I don't.

Have fun with the new toys.

I was just like you at one point buying all types of add ons. But than i thought, ima use that money to stock my tank. Some stuff you really dont need as long as your consistent with water changes.

got my equipment today, put my stand together and i will be ready this weekend to fill it up with water ,live sand, and some live rock.

Looks like you got some good stuff!! I recently upgraded my 28g nano cube to a 34 Solana, I still miss that thing sometimes!

well i have my live rock in the tank. i think i will get some more it doenst fill the tank up enough. also my temp is 82 degrees and thats without the protein skimmer or circulation pump on. should i be concerned about that temp and if so do the computer type fans that you put above the fuge area of the tank work well to get the temp down? i cant afford a chiller i have already gone over budget. thanks for any input

May be a silly question, but are you running a heater on it? Otherwise, you can open up the feeding hatch and let the heat vent out. That was always worth a few degrees when I had mine.

i do have a heater on it but i have it turned down to like 75 and the light isnt on so its not stuck on. ill try the feeding door open. i also put the two maxi jet 1200 on the wavemaker to see if having only one of them on at a time will help with the heat. maybe one of them is running hot or something but that would piss me off cuz i bought the 38 dollar expensive ones just for that reason.

well it was my heater after all that was the temp problem. had to turn it down to 71 degrees on the heater to make the tank 78 degrees. what piece of poop. i guess its not calibrated very good. but im happy that i dont have to get a chiller or fan.
Hydor Theo Heater is the culprit

Wow thats a big range. In the summer to cool my tanks down i would have ice packs that i would throw in my sump. It would lower it a few degrees but every lil thing helps

Back
Top Bottom