My 4 gallon pico tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmyfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, here's my new 4 gallon pico reef.

Attachments

• image-1515769331.jpg
    image-1515769331.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 188
  • image-4183301783.jpg
    image-4183301783.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 177
  • image-2245796440.jpg
    image-2245796440.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 167
  • image-3636583296.jpg
    image-3636583296.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 179
I really like it. What else do you have planned to go in there?

The only thing I'd change with would be to find a way to downsize the equipment because it seems to dominate the tank. A smaller heater would help a bit but those supply lines to what I am assuming is a canister filter are the main culprit.

The filter is designed for this size hose and the flow is perfect. I'm not going to change them in this build, maybe the returns hose end. I'll end up hiding most of the hose with rock and coral
The heater will get changed eventually. I used what I had on hand for a start up

I will eventually fill this tank with corals. I am sure to have the ability to grow just about anything I want but I'll take baby steps with a few acans to start.

Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it :D

It's hard to argue with near perfect flow in a reef tank.

What lights are you using for it?

The hose size doesn't bother me that much. One reason is that that canister add probably better than 3 more gallons of water and polishes the water like a merf.

I suppose I could go smaller diameter but that would be like pinching a hose water hose. The intake is a surface skimmer, so that's another plus.

Because of all this means less water changes for me.

No tiny HOBs for me. I like my V8 in my Mini Cooper. Next will be an HOB filter converted into a fuge!

My lighting is a Tao 125w clone from eBay blue & white LEDs with independent power supplies and dimmers. I also have a Dioder set of 4 rails mounted into the Tao clone to give me nice color.

And you're right about not fixing it. I'll do sone research later on the hoses. Right now, immediately McLovin this build.

My lighting is a Tao 125w clone from eBay blue & white LEDs with independent power supplies and dimmers. I also have a Dioder set of 4 rails mounted into the Tao clone to give me nice color.

And you're right about not fixing it. I'll do sone research later on the hoses. Right now, immediately McLovin this build.

Wow that light is gonna fry things, even super dimmed down. I wouldn't keep it that close to the water.

Back
Top Bottom