My 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay guys. Decided I'd wait a couple days because the shrimp did not disintegrate. Im really baffled at the moment. Two days ago it was 0ppm for everything.today I was shaking up the ammonia vial and now it's at about 4.0 ppm. The shrimp is just really peeling and it doesn't look like much has changed. Ill post up a picture of both the tests and the shrimp in a little bit, my cameras just dead right now. Is it normal for such a high jump? Nitrate and nitrite is still at 0.

-Dylan

My ammonia is at 4.0. And my shrimp hasn't disintegrated yet. Should I take the shrimp out? Thanks.

-Dylan

Are the seahorses freshwater or saltwater?!? because now I really want some! :)

All seahorses are saltwater. They also require live foods daily. They won't accept frozen.

-Dylan

Following along :popcorn: I love seahorses! :) Your tank is looking great, too. It's simple yet colorful, and I think it's a good idea leaving some open space to see your seahorses better.

I'm horrible with abbreviations.
On most abbreviations, you can just hover your mouse over it and a box should pop up saying what the abbreviation means. Give it a try! --> LFS
See? "Local Fish Store" should have popped up within a few seconds.
Lol I thought this was the most amazing thing ever when I found out! :lol:

Lol. I always knew like LFS. But PWC. It sounds live PVC so I was like what? And thank you! Those green plants you see are going to be switched with Caulerpa. So it'll takeout nitrates in the water as well as look more natural :)

-Dylan

Lol. I always knew like LFS.
Yeah, it was only an example :p. Next time your unsure, you can use the little trick I told you about. And your tank sounds like it will come out quite nicely. Waiting is the problem ;)

My ammonia is at 4.0. And my shrimp hasn't disintegrated yet. Should I take the shrimp out? Thanks.

-Dylan

Leave the shrimp in there. It should disintegrate during the course of the cycle, leaving the shell. Once your nitrates shoot up, then remove what is left of the shrimp.

I'm about to do a test hold on! Oh and I should be posting more pictures once I get my new camera.

-Dylan

Lol, I had a flip.Thinking they were okay bc of those commercials, i got a full refund and getting this great new camera. Water proof and everything.

-Dylan

A little confuse. When I tested ammonia it was at 0ppm so I put the vial to the side. After I checked nitrite, it was zero put it to the side then saw ammonia changed color and is at 4.0 ppm. Which do I take the 0 or the 4?

-Dylan

You have to follow the instructions that come with the test kit. Some say to wait five minutes to let the color develop, etc. etc. Look at your directions.

Mine only came with the bottles the card and on the bottles it says how much drops to add.

-Dylan

Take the 4. The test kits usually have you allow a time for the color to develop. So it sounds like you moved on before the color fully developed.

Back
Top Bottom