My biocube 29 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I only put one bag believe it was a 40 pound bag which only gave me about 1 inch in front and focused heavily in the middle and back bed 1.5-3 inch spots randomly. Do I need more sand!? Heard that can help with absorbing the nits and bad things. I also change filters a lot. Am I killing needed bacteria doing this? I'm starting to think I must cycle a lot I'm so confused bc all my corals trive but my back rocks get the blooms. Also what does cooking rocks mean? Sorry for being reef term noob lol

And I only put one bag believe it was a 40 pound bag which only gave me about 1 inch in front and focused heavily in the middle and back bed 1.5-3 inch spots randomly. Do I need more sand!? Heard that can help with absorbing the nits and bad things. I also change filters a lot. Am I killing needed bacteria doing this? I'm starting to think I must cycle a lot I'm so confused bc all my corals trive but my back rocks get the blooms. Also what does cooking rocks mean? Sorry for being reef term noob lol

That should be plenty of sand. Most of your bacteria is on the rocks and sand so cleaning the filters a lot shouldn't affect anything. Here's a good article about cooking rock
http://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/330445/cooking-live-rock

I found a reef octopuss bh2000 for $60 used in town. From the specs and videos I've seen about it looks to me it will work. Just wondering if this a good choice or not. I know it's a big skimmer and rated up to around 120 gal. But from what I've read about them so far is that it is a fantastic skimmer. Just trying to get more info and not rush into things. Any advice? I reall want a good skimmer and if this one will workout its hard to beat it for $60 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom