My Biocube 29G Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I got one last night! But he ran for cover as soon as we put him in. QUOTE]

Mine is almost never seen during the day.. sometimes you can see a claw come out and snatch something off the rocks. LOL... for a while I was nervous cause my frags were disappearing... then I realized that the only ones disappearing were the dead ones I was hoping weren't really dead.. (I was in denial... )... he occasionally ticks off my toadstool leather by picking algae off it.. but it is a moody little thing anyway...

you can see him at night by shining a flashlight in the tank (I use my iphone flashlight app and change the color to blue or red... ) ... if he catches me looking at him, he gets startled and holds his arms (claws, whatever) out really wide to look tough and scary... LOL.

you just wait... two days from now you will look in and think "where did all that algae go?"

p.s. ... as far as a fish... TAIL SPOT BLENNY... just saying... I miss mine.. he was the most entertaining thing in the tank... munched on algae all day.. found a nice little hole where he thought he was hidden, but was in full view... danced around in the water with that cute little face and what looked like two little horns on his head.. LOL.

How do you like your biocube? in my pet store today they told me to stay away from it. I guess you've had it for a month? What do you think? Can I ask how much the "setup" ran you and why you chose the product?

I see you have a deep sand bed, I only put two small bags of live sand in my 29 gallon biocube, I like the way the deeper sand bed looks but my the guy at my LFS store suggested just the two bags and that I don't need alot of sand. what are the pros and cons of having one?

How do you like your biocube? in my pet store today they told me to stay away from it. I guess you've had it for a month? What do you think? Can I ask how much the "setup" ran you and why you chose the product?

I really like the biocube so far and as you said I've probably had it around a month so its still early. I liked the sleek look of the tank with its stand and how it was am all in one package. The only problem I ran into was the stock return nozzle wasn't adjustable enough so it constantly dug holes in my sand bed. I added a hydor and that seemed to help. I added a K2 also to put some more flow in the tank and it doesn't dig any holes either.

I see you have a deep sand bed, I only put two small bags of live sand in my 29 gallon biocube, I like the way the deeper sand bed looks but my the guy at my LFS store suggested just the two bags and that I don't need alot of sand. what are the pros and cons of having one?

I manly decided on the deeper sand bed for 2 reasons:

1. I liked the looked of it.

2. I also read that if you want a jaw fish or something of that nature you need the deeper sand bed, so I went ahead and went about 3" deep.

Sorry for the long string of posts, I'm not a big forum poster.

But I have a couple questions, I am curious about how much my fish should be eating. I feed the clowns every 2 days. I had been feeding pellets my LFS was feeding the fish but they never seem to really go for it much.

I tried a omnivore mix because I have tiny flame angel too and thats what the LFS recommended for both fish, but the clowns or the flame haven't gone crazy for that either, so I through a big of mysis shrimp in this evening and the clowns seemed much more interested but not for as long as I feel like they should be.

Lastly the Flame Angel has been grazing plenty and seems happy doing that but I want to make sure he's eating enough. Should I put some seaweed on one of those clips in the tank? Or will he be ok with the omnivore mix of food I put in there as he does pick at it some.

Back
Top Bottom