my first ten gallon saltwater nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And no you didn't have 2 shrimp. Like a snake or lizard coral banded shrimp and the skunk cleaner shrimp will shed their exoskeletons to allow them to grow larger and into their new one. Don't worry about taking the old skin out because the shrimp will eat it and it's good for it :)

Good I was worried for him and my hob filter they told me not to change the filter and I removed the backround already so you think I should remove the hob filter and just have a skimmer and a uv with a powerhead that's it

Ok first off who is "they"? By the look of it I would say you got the aqueon 10 gallon premium tank set (or something similar) so I'll assume you bought it at petco or petsmart right? If so then they probably have no idea what they are talking about. Just by looking at their livestock ID tags I know that they just want to sell you what they can. The ID card for an oscar fish says they hit 10 inches and need a 30 gallon tank. I have an 11 inch Oscar and they can hit 16 inches. They also need a 55 gallon tank alone. So when they say to keep that filter in there they are full of crap. The filter cartridges go bad once the carbon has worn out. Once the carbons bad it's just a bio holder. Keep your HOB I was just saying I wouldn't use one with a saltwater tank and for that reason.

No I get my stuff at a local fish store and the coral I buy whats easy and pretty the names where given to me but I forgot

Well who ever it was have you the wrong info. Those carbon filters need to be replaced

Should I get a over flow box with a canister filter

Naw the only thing I would use is a sump but for a 10 gallon tank it's kinda hard to have a sump.

I recently got a seaclone 100 for my tank its working great also a power head and a uv witch I only run one week out the month and a hob filter would it be fine if I remove the hob filter

I've been using hang on back filters for over a year on my smaller tanks and find them to be well suited for the tanks. :)

the majority of your beneficial bacteria will reside on the sand and the rocks so the throwing away filters each month isnt gonna impact the bio filtration if you ahve enough rock and sand that is. :)

I also would urge you to wait at least 6 months before trying a nem, they require a stable and pristine enviroment. Your tank will mature over the next 6 months in ways you may not even notice so it's important that you go slow. Thats the BEST advice anyone can give you about saltwater, go slow! lol

Good luck!

I think one of my clowns are dieing the darker one

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120525_105914.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120525_105914.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 82
  • ForumRunner_20120525_105955.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120525_105955.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 82
  • ForumRunner_20120525_105933.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120525_105933.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 94
  • ForumRunner_20120525_110031.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120525_110031.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 88
They where dying all three of my fish died within these two days idk why I think its the microbubbles or the conditioner I put idk

Back
Top Bottom