My Fluval Edge Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks!! Yours is looking great too!! Question, I like that LED strip, where did you find it?

Thanks for that link.....After some consideration I decided to go with some additional lighting after all for when I start adding corals, based on advice from a few of my favorite LFS's around town. But, I didn't want to do it with expensive high intensity LED lighting that cost more than the tank itself, and I didn't want to ruin the clean look from the front with a hood, as most of the mods I've seen almost always do, nor did I want to remove the stock led's. .... So I went the old school route and the results are spectacular. I bought a 6" florescent 50/50 10K/atctinic Coralife mini bulb with standard screw in base, a weatherproof rubber coated standard screw in socket with connect wire from home depot, along with a length of lamp cord and an in-line on/off switch. I mounted this under the Fluval hood, but I had to cut the back of the hood out so I could slide the hood forward to fit the light fixture in front of the raised lip on top of the tank, and so that the light would not be directly over the open water. I'm posting pics of the finished modification and with the new lighting on, LED only, Mixed, and Mixed wide view to show the nice behind the tank glow that I get now since the back of the lid was cut out...I did this whole mod for 40 bucks in parts, and maintained the clean look of the tank at the same time.... I also added a Koralia nano pump....

Attachments

• Mod1.jpg
    Mod1.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Mod2.jpg
    Mod2.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Mod2 (2).jpg
    Mod2 (2).jpg
    189 KB · Views: 127
The changes in lighting.....This really brought out the colors on the coralline covered live rock and fish, and should now be coral ready in a few weeks......Pic order is Coralife only, Stock LED only, Mixed, and Mixed wide view......

Attachments

• Coralife Only1.jpg
    Coralife Only1.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 113
  • LEDonly1.jpg
    LEDonly1.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Mixed1.jpg
    Mixed1.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Mixedwide1.jpg
    Mixedwide1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 106
Awesome lighting and I hope I'll have better luck myself .Can't wait to see your finish aquarium ....

Back
Top Bottom