My Future Build 30-40g AIO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, looking at lights again for my 30-38/40g build, as listed in the previous posts. Having a major hard time with lighting. So was needing advice....AGAIN :lol:....what wattage & PAR would I be looking at for this build? Would 2 PAR 38's work with this?

Every light I look I get told by the seller its too much wattage, or not enough PAR or not enough of both :blink: As you know I only have softies and LPS right now but would eventually like to try SPS.

I am still going with the all in one but going to buy things separately as I think it will be better financially for me.

Radions sure are nice :whistle:. But if you don't want to spend $$$$$$$$ then the eBay 120 watt dimmable a are great.

Radions sure are nice :whistle:. But if you don't want to spend $$$$$$$$ then the eBay 120 watt dimmable a are great.

Cool cool! Ok, that leads me to another question...which one :ROFLMAO:? There are several that come up.

The k is really just the color it puts off, it has nothing to do with intensity. The 14k is whiter and the 20k gives a more blueish look

Par and I believe pur (I think that's it) values are the real measurement of intensity.

Par and I believe pur (I think that's it) values are the real measurement of intensity.

Ok, think I am starting to understand better. If PAR is the more important, what would I look for then with this new build?

If you go with the skkye light go with the 90watt. The 30 won't support high light stuff

T
Ok, think I am starting to understand better. If PAR is the more important, what would I look for then with this new build?

tank dimensions would really help but the units bribo referred to will grow anything you want and cover 24"x24". The reefbreeders value fixture is the same thing but with a 2 year warranty from a great company

tank dimensions would really help but the units bribo referred to will grow anything you want and cover 24"x24". The reefbreeders value fixture is the same thing but with a 2 year warranty from a great company

If I end up going with the 30g it is 19x19x19x19. Looking at the reef breeders now. Good price and looks nice :) And actually says will support SPS.

If I end up going with the 30g it is 19x19x19x19. Looking at the reef breeders now. Good price and looks nice :) And actually says will support SPS.

They'll grow any photosynthetic animal you like. They just don't have the programmability of the top end lights (which is overrated IMHO) 2 dimmable channels is all you need

They'll grow any photosynthetic animal you like. They just don't have the programmability of the top end lights (which is overrated IMHO) 2 dimmable channels is all you need

Awesome! Thanks Red, makes much more sense now. Programmable would be nice but not a necessity at this time. :)

Back
Top Bottom