My nano setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shadownova

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am wanting to set up a 15 gallon reef. Here is my nano reef plan.

Stock
- two fire gobies

Clean Up Crew
- two skunk cleaner shrimp
- two Astraea snails
- two cerith snails
- two nassarius snails

Corals
- two colony polyps
- one micro colony polyp
- one Blue Sympodium Polyp

Equipment
- one hydor 50w heater
- two Marineland Maxi-Jet PRO Water Pumps
- one Hagen 20 mini hob filter
- one Zetlight nano touch
- one small refrigerum with lighting
- one protein skimmer

Now for the questions. Would my lighting be adequate for the corals I selected? Would I need a skimmer for such a small tank? Would I need any other supplies? Would I be overstocking a 15 gallon tank? Anything else I missed? I know that you guys are the experts on this stuff so feel free to tell me your thoughts on my setup.

Well two things i would do is get rid of the protein skimmer as it is not needed on a nano. Maintain your weekly water changes and you wont need to worry about anything else.

I would also stick with one cleaner shrimp as they are known to fight in small spaces... You could try some sexy shrimp if you like.

The corals seem fine... You could add a bit more as you go on... Howmany watts is your light? I think you should start with zoas and mushrooms as most people do... I did the same and then advanced to LPS.

I will start a new thread as soon as I have the money to start a reef:D
Sadly it all comes down to money:banghead:

Thats true... Take it one step at a time... The best reefs are the ones that took patience to build.

Back
Top Bottom