My new 29 gallon reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefNoob0424

Aquarium Advice Activist
FINALLY! I finished all my plumbing! All I have to do is let the PVC cement cure (24 hours) and also the silicon (aquarium safe). 1/2" PVC piping. Everything is DIY.

image-418739339.jpg

Without the plumbing

image-418739339.jpg

29 gallon Display Tank

image-2990775485.jpg

Overflow box (DIY)

image-3964185471.jpg

Top View of the Overflow box

image-1417609168.jpg

Inside of Overflow box

image-838832651.jpg

Bulk heads (1/2")

image-3837976998.jpg

The back PVC pipe has a quick disconnect PVC union (return to the display tank) so I'm able to disassemble when I'm move the tank. The the PVC closes to you has ball valve to regulate the siphon (return to the sump/refugium).

image-2398145726.jpg

Return to display tank. Has a ball valve as well to regulate the flow from the pump.

image-2281770700.jpg

RIO 2100. Also has the quick disconnect union.

image-1826071397.jpg

3 chamber refugium.

image-2748510484.jpg

DIY stand. Made it out of my old dresser.

image-774328619.jpg

Used the draws as the cover.

image-3341921318.jpg

When it's put on.

Attachments

• image-3626804919.jpg
    image-3626804919.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 113
Oh you have no idea! Ill have either DI or RO water in the middle of the week so I'm super excited!

Hi bet you are well excited(y) Just a thought but perhaps do a 'test run' with normal tap water just to make sure there are no leaks or anything else that need sorting out first? Not that there will be any problems(y)

I'm still going to use the DI or RO to test it. I'm only going to put in like 6" of water, look for any leaks if there's no leaks ill just slowly keep put in water. If there is a leak ill just take the water out and reseal where it was leaking. I'm really trying to avoid tap water completely even if its just testing it.

Put the water in baby! Still a little cloudy but its settling! Not a lot of rock at all but I'm getting rock tmrw so ill have more with the biological filtration!

image-1618313358.jpg

Looking good! Cycling is going to be the real test of patience. What are you wanting to stock it with?

Ill have a good amount tmrw! And I love Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral, torches, frogspawns, bubble coral and also hammer coral! Fish wise I would love to have Pistol Shrimp/Goby pair, pair of clowns and a maxima clam.

Ill have a good amount tmrw! And I love Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral, torches, frogspawns, bubble coral and also hammer coral! Fish wise I would love to have Pistol Shrimp/Goby pair, pair of clowns and a maxima clam.

IMHO I think that list of live stock is doable, and with the right lights you can have all those corals.

image-2244245543.jpg

Timers for the white and blue LEDs

image-4024054070.jpg

It's only dilated to 50% power. Before I made it for fun we put it to 100% and it was blinding lol. All the materials I bought for it I spent 1/8 of what it cost to buy a LED fixture. I used this light on my old 20g long reef tank and everything thrived and I had Coraline algae and everything.

I got them on EBAY not sure what the price was and I'm not sure what they were, something Chinese lol

Lol well thanks anyway. Might do a LED diy build, but don't know much about it. I'll research more :D. Nice stock list btw. Acans would be great in there too.

If you find the right LEDs you'll do fine. All the electric for the LEDs are easy. Putting the timers on was a pain in the butt also finding a small brick to power it.

Back
Top Bottom