My New Aqueon Evolve 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolfsblood

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went into my LFS to get a rock to help seed my dry rock in my 16g bowfront. I found these two pieces that I liked. Looked around the store a little bit and saw that they had the Aqueon Evolve 4 on sale. I have always wanted one of these little tanks and i thought the 2 rocks I picked out for my bigger tank would look pretty rad in this little pico. So I pulled the trigger and picked it up. Luckily this one is small so the wife isn't as annoyed. She doesn't really appreciate my multi tank syndrome.

Anyway the plan for this one is gonna be mostly mushrooms and maybe some GSP since I don't really want to keep either in my main tank. Still haven't decided what type of livestock I want to put in it. Definitely no fish. Anyone have a suggestion on a cool invert for it? I like Sexy shrimp but none of the stores I have been to in my area have them. I plan on ungrading to a par30 and maybe an ATO. Im rinsing the aragonite I have today and will post some pics when I put it in.

Nice tank and rocks, are they glued? Also you could ask your lfs to order inverts, most will do so. Some inverts: cleaners, sexys (if you can find them near you), PomPom crabs, pistol shrimp, hermits, and snails.

Thanks. The rocks are not glued. They are just 2 pieces. I messed with them at the store to make sure they would stand up like that. I really wanted a kind of dual tower look. I am leaning towards a Pom Pom crab or a cleaner shrimp right now. I'm still debating on the par30 or the beamswork 18w clamp on fixture. Trying to keep this tank kinda low budget since I have another tank that would be more appropriate to spend money on.

I like the two tower look as well, it adds some depth to the tank.

As far as lighting, I'd say go with the par30, it'll be much more intense and you can find bulbs with more spectrum.

My light came a few days ago. I am happy enough with it. It isn't the best choice in the world but I had to be realistic with myself about what I was actually gonna keep in here. Didn't really need to spend all the money on an sps capable light when I'm only doing softies. The spectrum could be better obviously but all in all it's way better than the stock light. The photos make it look more stripey than it actually is. Added a few Zoa frags a couple days ago. They have all adjusted well. Also got a green encrusting gorgonian yesterday that is starting to open up. My next purchase will probably be a kenya tree. The rock on the right is gonna be a Z&P garden. I am stumped on what to put on the left side. Any suggestions guys?

Back
Top Bottom