My new Coralife Biocube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuilterFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I am new to your forum and just re-started with salt water. It's been about 8 years since I had a 125 G. Saltwater.
I started my new smaller Nano this week-end, 27lbs. live rock, Catalina tripled filtered ocean water, live sand. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392054364.349505.jpg
Any help would be appreciated.

Looks good, what are you thinking for stocking it? I would prob get a firefish, they look really cool :) Btw, cool LR

Sounds good :)

IMO a pair of firefish would look awesome, or maybe a clown pair. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I miss the clownfish that I had in my former 125g tank. I had 4 and they didn't fight, I guess no one told them they were supposed to be aggressive if they weren't a pair.

Is it normal that when I open the lid on the Coralife Biocube, it is very wet- dripping all over. I wonder if I am getting water in the lights?

It's just evaporating water. There is a glass or acrylic sheet protecting them.

Just seems like a lot! Some people say to put a little fish food inside to help the cycle. What do you all think?
One week, new tank, LR, LS, Ocean water from Scripps.

I cycled my 3G pico with LR, live sand, and about 1/2 cube of frozen brine shrimp (it took about 2 weeks)

I would add maybe a whole uncooked shrimp, or some frozen brine. Works well for me!

Just seems like a lot! Some people say to put a little fish food inside to help the cycle. What do you all think?
One week, new tank, LR, LS, Ocean water from Scripps.

Scripps, as in sd scrips? As the water good there??

I heard it was good, we were at their aquarium, yesterday and they use the same water-it's filtered three times. I think I will use it half and half for now. Half LFS, half Scripps

Remove the bioballs and false bottom from middle chamber. Add media rack or LR rubble.

I have really grown to like my long nose hawkfish, more of a 'percher' than a swimmer so a good fit for biocube. Also have a couple clowns and a chalkbass in mine.

I got two green Chromis given to me at the LFS.

Cool! I'd love to see a picture of them!

My LFS owner once gave me an anthelia frag, but after one day in my tank it never perked up from transport and eventually died :(

Back
Top Bottom