MY PEPPERMINT SHRIMP HAS EGGS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannonredburn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm so excited! I've only had them for a month. I have them in a 12g nano. Them, 2 blue-green cromis, a handful of hermits and snails and some soft corals. It looks like she has around 200 eggs!
Is there any chance of a few surviving? What can I feed them if they do hatch? Is there anything I can do to give them a chance, or do my fish get free treats?

not really any chance of them surviving unless you have a nursery set or are willing to go through that hassle , just let the fish have a free snack

I kinda figuared on it. I have no room to do a hatchery/ refugium/whatever. Too bad for the shrimp.
Atleast the fish will be happy!

AFAIK raising shrimp fry is even more difficult than most fish fry. I'm not even sure if hobbyist have done it successfully yet. I know there was some success aquaculturing them a few years ago, but since they are not usually available as aquacultured specimens it must be difficult and/or costly. It's interesting to see regardless and fish/coral probably enjoy it. Congrats on what sounds like a healthy system.

Back
Top Bottom