My ten gallon sps/clam.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spsmike

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As promised I have taken pictures of my precious ten gallon.This tank has been through hell and back over the last 2 1/2 years. I have battle hair algae nitrates ect ect and lost a tank full of corals twice with the exception of a couple that made it the full duration.I have been sps bound for about 8 months now and in total this ten gallon holds over 27 different types of corals.I have 8 differnt types of snails and a cucumber.I have natural phytoplankton growing along with a very diverse fauna population.

Enough talking heres the pics.

full_resize.jpg

leftside_resize.jpg

rightside_resize_388815.jpg

zoos_resize.jpg

tankshots002_resize.jpg

agood3.jpg

blastoeating.jpg

Ok, These were taken yesterday as I was trying to get some top down shots.I thought these pics looked cool as the light was in the background instead of right in front of my fac/camera.

ashot1.jpg

ashot2.jpg

ashot3.jpg

neondottyback2.jpg

clam.jpg

ashot4.jpg

ashot5.jpg

ashot6.jpg

ashot7.jpg

ashot8.jpg

ashot9.jpg

Good looking 10g. Nice crocea.

Are you dosing with calcium? Do you have sump? tell us more about your setup.

I was going sps tank also but decided against it because IMO sps corals only look good when grown out into a full colony. And I feel that my nano tank will be Overcrowed, possible chemical warfare going on in the future when sps frags grow out. Not to mention the amount of light the corals will block when they get larger. So I'm reverting back to softies and LPS for now.

Thanks everyone.

I utilize a auto top off system with the right mix of kalk to maintain all levels of ca/alk.

I do a one gallon water change a week and my nitrates and ect are null.

Some misc pics from the tank.

Encrusting.

encrusting.jpg

Some macro of digitas and teal stag.

macro4.jpg

Can see tulip anemone in left.

macro3.jpg

macro2.jpg

macro1.jpg

New crab in da house!

crab1.jpg

Back