My two clownfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397170217.758306.jpg
Birthday Present to myself! These two were aqua-cultured. Seem to be getting along well. Fun to watch shimmy around my tank.

Okay, tank bred and raised-I watch these too for weeks and weeks get bigger and bigger. The posted picture is a magnified picture. Harry and Sally are only about 1 inch sized.

Is it normal for my new, small clownfish to look like they are trying to breed and lay eggs? Crazy Kids in my tank!

Smaller one is swimming upside down just under larger one, than they bith swum up, and down the tank-than they both do a shimmy little dance. Next they swim up to this smoother rock I have and look like their preforming the laying of eggs.
Maybe, they're just practicing?

Smaller one is swimming upside down just under larger one, than they bith swum up, and down the tank-than they both do a shimmy little dance. Next they swim up to this smoother rock I have and look like their preforming the laying of eggs.
Maybe, they're just practicing?

In other words they are twitching. This can mean three things:
-Submission- the smaller one is giving dominance to the larger.
-Mating- One is changing into the female
- Breeding- Having eggs.

However if they were breeding, they would be cleaning a spot near their home constantly and hovering over it. Since they are new, probably just submission or mating.

Back
Top Bottom