Nano compatible fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhylumCnidaria

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29g biocube with 3 fish (4 soon) and the lady at my LFS said I could have 5 fish in it. I am deciding what to add, and I’m thinking about what fish to add that would be compatible with my tank. I’m thinking about what fish to get. I’m thinking of a wrasse of some sort maybe a fairy wrasse or a wrasse of some sort. I’m also thinking of possibly a blenny of some sort, or a jawfish. Is there any tang-like fish or fish that are beneficial to my tank that I can get?

no tangs would work in a 29 g sorry
75g or larger would work for a tang

to stock 5 fish in a 29 is cutting it close they may be fine at the moment but you also need to account for growth .

a great place to look and find out about nano fish and there compatibility's is live aquara http://www.liveaquaria.com/

Last edited:
no tangs would work in a 29 g sorry
75g or larger would work for a tang

to stock 5 fish in a 29 is cutting it close they may be fine at the moment but you also need to account for growth .

a great place to look and find out about nano fish and there compatibility's is live aquara http://www.liveaquaria.com/

I know enough about saltwater aquariums to know that you need a 75+ gallon tank to keep a tang, but I’m wondering if there are any fish that will preform a similar function on the reef that are compatible with my tank

I know enough about saltwater aquariums to know that you need a 75+ gallon tank to keep a tang, but I’m wondering if there are any fish that will preform a similar function on the reef that are compatible with my tank

that is why I directed you to live aquara they have a compatibility chart as what fish will get along with one another and also tell you what size tank is recommended . last but not least you can get to see all the fish you can choose from,,

Is this going to be a reef tank? I agree 5 is probably a stretch. As you get deeper into the hobby, the coral tends to become just as/more exciting than the fish!

Regardless of what you go with, add very slowly. This is the best way to come up with a real idea of bioload and maintenance.

Is this going to be a reef tank? I agree 5 is probably a stretch. As you get deeper into the hobby, the coral tends to become just as/more exciting than the fish!

Regardless of what you go with, add very slowly. This is the best way to come up with a real idea of bioload and maintenance.

Not “going to be” I already have 6 corals and various other inverts.

Really depends on what those fish are. I think 5 small fish are fine for a 29g. I have 3 in a 13 and they’re doing great. I have algae but I cull it every week so it’s not an issue.

If you’re looking for a fish that eats algae a lawnmower Blenny might be good

Back
Top Bottom