Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Nano Reefs
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-19-2018, 10:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Nano compatible fish?

I have a 29g biocube with 3 fish (4 soon) and the lady at my LFS said I could have 5 fish in it. I am deciding what to add, and I知 thinking about what fish to add that would be compatible with my tank. I知 thinking about what fish to get. I知 thinking of a wrasse of some sort maybe a fairy wrasse or a wrasse of some sort. I知 also thinking of possibly a blenny of some sort, or a jawfish. Is there any tang-like fish or fish that are beneficial to my tank that I can get?

Old 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Macro Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

no tangs would work in a 29 g sorry
75g or larger would work for a tang

to stock 5 fish in a 29 is cutting it close they may be fine at the moment but you also need to account for growth .

a great place to look and find out about nano fish and there compatibility's is live aquara http://www.liveaquaria.com/

Old 06-20-2018, 05:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
no tangs would work in a 29 g sorry
75g or larger would work for a tang

to stock 5 fish in a 29 is cutting it close they may be fine at the moment but you also need to account for growth .

a great place to look and find out about nano fish and there compatibility's is live aquara http://www.liveaquaria.com/

I know enough about saltwater aquariums to know that you need a 75+ gallon tank to keep a tang, but I知 wondering if there are any fish that will preform a similar function on the reef that are compatible with my tank
Old 06-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
Macro Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhylumCnidaria View Post
I know enough about saltwater aquariums to know that you need a 75+ gallon tank to keep a tang, but I知 wondering if there are any fish that will preform a similar function on the reef that are compatible with my tank

that is why I directed you to live aquara they have a compatibility chart as what fish will get along with one another and also tell you what size tank is recommended . last but not least you can get to see all the fish you can choose from,,
Old 06-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #5

Ok thanks
Old 06-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Is this going to be a reef tank? I agree 5 is probably a stretch. As you get deeper into the hobby, the coral tends to become just as/more exciting than the fish!

Regardless of what you go with, add very slowly. This is the best way to come up with a real idea of bioload and maintenance.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocircus91 View Post
Is this going to be a reef tank? I agree 5 is probably a stretch. As you get deeper into the hobby, the coral tends to become just as/more exciting than the fish!

Regardless of what you go with, add very slowly. This is the best way to come up with a real idea of bioload and maintenance.

Not 堵oing to be I already have 6 corals and various other inverts.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:36 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Nano compatible fish?

Really depends on what those fish are. I think 5 small fish are fine for a 29g. I have 3 in a 13 and they池e doing great. I have algae but I cull it every week so it痴 not an issue.

If you池e looking for a fish that eats algae a lawnmower Blenny might be good

Tags
compatible, fish, nano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com