Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Nano Reefs
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-19-2018, 10:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 45
Nano compatible fish?

I have a 29g biocube with 3 fish (4 soon) and the lady at my LFS said I could have 5 fish in it. I am deciding what to add, and I知 thinking about what fish to add that would be compatible with my tank. I知 thinking about what fish to get. I知 thinking of a wrasse of some sort maybe a fairy wrasse or a wrasse of some sort. I知 also thinking of possibly a blenny of some sort, or a jawfish. Is there any tang-like fish or fish that are beneficial to my tank that I can get?
__________________

__________________
PhylumCnidaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Macro Addict
 
54seaweed's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,811
no tangs would work in a 29 g sorry
75g or larger would work for a tang

to stock 5 fish in a 29 is cutting it close they may be fine at the moment but you also need to account for growth .

a great place to look and find out about nano fish and there compatibility's is live aquara http://www.liveaquaria.com/
__________________

__________________
Save
54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
no tangs would work in a 29 g sorry
75g or larger would work for a tang

to stock 5 fish in a 29 is cutting it close they may be fine at the moment but you also need to account for growth .

a great place to look and find out about nano fish and there compatibility's is live aquara http://www.liveaquaria.com/


I know enough about saltwater aquariums to know that you need a 75+ gallon tank to keep a tang, but I知 wondering if there are any fish that will preform a similar function on the reef that are compatible with my tank
__________________
PhylumCnidaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
Macro Addict
 
54seaweed's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhylumCnidaria View Post
I know enough about saltwater aquariums to know that you need a 75+ gallon tank to keep a tang, but I知 wondering if there are any fish that will preform a similar function on the reef that are compatible with my tank

that is why I directed you to live aquara they have a compatibility chart as what fish will get along with one another and also tell you what size tank is recommended . last but not least you can get to see all the fish you can choose from,,
__________________
Save
54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 45
Ok thanks
__________________
PhylumCnidaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Psychocircus91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 723
Is this going to be a reef tank? I agree 5 is probably a stretch. As you get deeper into the hobby, the coral tends to become just as/more exciting than the fish!

Regardless of what you go with, add very slowly. This is the best way to come up with a real idea of bioload and maintenance.
__________________
Temporarily Tankless
Psychocircus91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:30 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocircus91 View Post
Is this going to be a reef tank? I agree 5 is probably a stretch. As you get deeper into the hobby, the coral tends to become just as/more exciting than the fish!

Regardless of what you go with, add very slowly. This is the best way to come up with a real idea of bioload and maintenance.


Not 堵oing to be I already have 6 corals and various other inverts.
__________________
PhylumCnidaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:36 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
Nano compatible fish?

Really depends on what those fish are. I think 5 small fish are fine for a 29g. I have 3 in a 13 and they池e doing great. I have algae but I cull it every week so it痴 not an issue.

If you池e looking for a fish that eats algae a lawnmower Blenny might be good
__________________

__________________
uhohhotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
compatible, fish, nano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compatible fish with Betta fish?? Lafeet85 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 2 01-30-2012 06:57 AM
Are this fish compatible? mansiz Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR 2 12-28-2003 02:01 PM
Need Help With Fish Compatible CgHs Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 1 12-08-2003 11:01 AM
Compatible Fish Idealconcepts Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 3 11-11-2003 07:08 PM
fish compatible with lionfish or puffers philc21 Saltwater Reef Aquaria 3 11-07-2003 05:27 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.