nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paradon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
is the nano cube a good deal its a 12 gal tank with 48 wats pc lighting for 150 it also comes with a built in filter. u guys know what it is... is the 12 gal or the 24 gal a good deal or is it better to get a 20 gal tank and buy the stuff individualy? thanks in advance

It's a good deal. Is it from Living Seas?

Do you have any SW experience b/c a SW nano is pretty maintenance intensive.

It is a pretty good deal. People like them (including myself) because they are a nice clean looking all-in-one system. That being said, they are not without problems. There is really no good place for a skimmer and the sponges, bioballs and ceramic rings it comes with for the filtration compartments are not exactly ideal (or reccommeded) for SW tanks. When i set up mine, I replaced all of the media it came with for the back with LR rubble and had to add another PH to increase the flow. Otherwise, I am very happy with it. As for size, it is up to you. the 12gal has more intense lighting so it may be better for corals is you plan to go with a reef in the future. As bearfan stated, if this is your first SW tank it may not be the best choice due to it's size, but it can be done. Good luck...Lando
BTW...Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com :D :D :D

I'm looking at buying a nano, and I think the Deluxe versions are worth the extra cash. Welcome to AA!!!

i was also thinkin about gettin a 20 gal tall instead. the tank would cost me 20, pc lights would be about 60, a HOT filter would run about50-60.

if you add all that up it comes to 130-140 witch is cheaper than the nano cube and has space for a skimmer not to mention the 8 extra gallons

yes it is my first sw tank but i have studyed up alot on reef tanks and have kept fw tanks for a while

when you say maintence intenseive do you mean a lot of water changes or do you mean the tank itself is bad and i would have to replace the bulbs and balist after 2 months

i am aware that i will have to change the water more often because of the lack of skimmer

paradon said:
i am aware that i will have to change the water more often because of the lack of skimmer

Not necessarily. You could always just take the lid off and put a hang-on skimmer on for a day every week. (while you're at work would be good.)

Labor intensive just means that they will need a bit more attention. You will need to keep a very close eye on water parameters and catch potential problems while they are young. As you know, smaller tanks are much less resilient. Do not be scared away. If you want to start with a 20gal, by all means, go for it. It sounds like you know what to do. Preventative maintenance like water changes are the single best thing you can do.

Back
Top Bottom